“Good location but service is terrible”

Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu
Ranked #6 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Reviewed 29 December 2012

Stayed with my wife 7 nights over Christmas 2012. Overall - average resort, good location but a liitle bit expensive. Rooms and service don't worth their price. Pros - location is good, food quality is not too bad, excellent swimming pool. Cons - drinks are a little bit expensive and service is terrible.
Service in the resort is real thing that management should think about. On Christmas day we wanted a simple lunch (salad and pizza) which we ordered around 11am, after 50 minutes of waiting we didn't get anything, kitchen even hadn't started to proceed our order and nobody told us that delays could be expected. I complained to duty manager and his answer was that it's a training issue with personnel. During other days I always asked personnel 2-3 times to have the desired result.

Room Tip: Garden bungalows at the back look like more private
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank vk3yr
There are newer reviews for Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu

Reviewed 27 December 2012

If I wanted to listen to dogs bark and howl all night, I would of stayed at home and spent my $5000.00 elsewhere! Was promised another room at the resort after two nights of no sleep! No room change happened! Was told that George was going to come and see us about our room, no George! Meanwhile, my son had been involved in a car accident in Australia! His father had been ringing Breakas Resort for two hours, trying to reach me! After two about hrs, he finally made them understand and asked them to get a message to me! He asked them to leave a message under my door! they told him, i didnt exist at the resort! when they finally found my name, they told him there are no phones here so they cant leave a message! he asked if they can go to my room and leave a message under my door! This place has an impressive pool, but that's about all! Just totally disappointed !

• Stayed: December 2012
10  Thank Schoonergrl
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Although the food was a little pricey we had an awesome stay. The showers were great (even had crabs in the shower) and the best part was the short walk to the fun surf out the front. Low tide access to the surf was tricky but it was uncrowded, warm, crystal clear and heaps of fun. Accommodation was really nice, best to stay out on the point.

The village nearby was cool to hang out at. Played some pool and drank kava with the locals. Slept through an earthquake (thanks to duty free) and missed another earthquake when I was in the surf.

Definitely recommended, can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Get a room on the point.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kwotch
Reviewed 10 December 2012

we stayed at breakas for seven nights. But on our second day, desided to book elecopter flights to a secluded island escape and we wernt alone hidding in the bushes were a small boy and his friends were in canoes not knowing of this my husband and i walked a little down the beach before we left we hide our belongings in the bushes and when we returned money mobil and two cameras were gone so much for the secluded island escape. We spent the next few days visiting the police station what a holiday. Will we be going back to Vanuatu i dont think so. As for Breakas Beach Resort couldnt falt it we would have been better staying there our intire trip didnt feel safe at all.

Room Tip: beach front room no 4 noisey
Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
8  Thank paul s
Reviewed 2 December 2012

We have just spent 7 days in paradise, This resort is a true sanctuary for couples. No phones, TV's or internet ( though is available for a price). The rooms are fantastic and the outdoor shower very novel :). The staff are all friendly and very helpful, and for 150 vatu you can get into town via a bus. The pool and beach are both great, lots of beaches to wander down and do a bit of beach combing. The banana fritter is to die for, a must to try. All meals are very hearty helpings.

Room Tip: Rooms in the garden are more private, the beach ones have everyone walking by
4  Thank vivianKawerau
Reviewed 24 November 2012

I stayed here with my partner for four night after spending a week in another resort. We were after something peaceful and calming - and Breakas delivered!

If you're after somewhere to lounge by the pool and completely relax this is the place for you. Besides that there is not much else to do though! There is snorkelling on the beach but i wasn't game to go in by myself as my partner does not snorkel. Plenty of others at it though :)

my only complaint really would be the lack of free wifi. I believed that to be a standard offering at resorts but here you either go without or pay. We paid $10 for Telsat and that lasted us the 4 days (80MB I think).

The included breakfast is a standard buffet with a fairly limited offering. More substantial meals can be ordered at a cost. All other meals we had at Breakas were lovely... have the coconut crab!!!

Room Tip: Go for a garden room
1  Thank abigail0212
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I loved the shape and architecture of houses on the reef that fit into the island atmosphere, couldn´t believe we are going to stay in one of them. Houses are surrounded by palms, coconut palms and different floweres. Beach was cleaned every day from dirt after high-tide, while we enjoyed beautiful breakfast with lot of fresh fruit. Also diner and drinks near the pool were great, usually accompanied by local singers or dancers.
Girls from reception arranged every trip booking,car renting or whatever we wanted. All the staff was very kind and helpfull.
Beach has a place on the side deep enough to swim and also shallows good to snorchel or just walk between corals and reach for blue starfish, sea snail or small colourfull snakes (they are not poisonous).
Room has an aircondition, small fridge, DVD player and TV, fohn in the bathroom, wifi internet to purchase on reception and daily cleaning service.
However, it is not one of the super sanitary clean and sterile Hilton´s hotels. If you leave a banana peal on the table for a minute, it will be covered by very little ants and sometimes you will find crabs in your bathroom or gecko in shower, but all this made our stay on the island so fascinating.

1  Thank Lucilkaa