This place is an absolute joke! It was a total nightmare "holiday".
We went to breakas for a much needed getaway. Looks beautiful in the pictures right? Our first impression was wow, and we were so excited for the week ahead. The food that first night was good too. It ended there. We were sick from then on. Every night the food was totally different (when we ordered the same dishes) and just got worse and worse every time, until after talking each other into giving the restaurant one more go for 2 hours, my partner was served off food! The poor waiter was super apologetic and explained that he is constantly having to tell the chefs to check everything they send out?! Needless to say no more restaurant.
Breakfast consisted of old fruit, cereal and stale pastries. Everything in this place is just so cheap and nasty! The staff are super sweet, but service is so slow, and if they put you on the beach to eat, your in a black hole and will be stuck there for ages.
The beach is soo hard to swim in, there is a sign advising not to swim in the ocean as its unpatrolled and strong currents - not what you want when on a luxury island holiday and it does not say that on the website- the destroyed reef (tragic) is sharp underfoot and you have to dodge the massive amounts of sea slugs. My partner even saw a coral snake in the ankle deep shallows (which was very cool, but scary). The snorkelling gear is unusable. Its a hundred years old, filthy and literally falling apart. When George was confronted about this by another guest, he was totally unconcerned and ran as fast as he could.
Our shower didn't work properly, that was when we had hot water at all. The kettle in our room leaked little bits of white plastic into the water, and the tea, coffee and sugar that is left in your room is cheap, hard and old.
We woke several mornings to rat poo on our very clean bure porch, despite being adopted by the breakas cat whilst we were there, and once on our bed!
And then to top it all off, we awoke early one morning to the most horrific sounds you can imagine... We woke to the sound of pigs being slaughtered somewhere nearby!
I could go on and on about how horrible this "resort" is and what a nightmare we endured.
Final tip; DON'T GO!!! Go somewhere else on the island, this place is not worth the broken rocks its built with.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled amidst swaying palms fringed on it's own private beach, Breakas Beach Resort is an intimate 3.5 Star tropical resort in a 5 star location for adults only welcoming guests over the age of 15 years. Enhanced by individual garden & beachfront Fares (Bungalows), Breakas Beach Resort is the ultimate relaxed "feet in the sand" beach holiday. Slip into a world of tranquility. The Resort features a stunning 22 metre infinity pool which falls into the horizon of the Pacific Ocean. The natural beauty of a private cove on the Pango peninsular provides an unrivalled backdrop in Port Vila. Fares (Bungalows) are scattered along the shoreline and throughout manicured tropical gardens ensuring privacy, intimacy and seclusion. With spectacular views to Port Vila's best surfing beach break, the restaurant provides a unique setting for a unique dining experience. The executive chef has created one of the finest menus using fresh, local produce, seafoods and world class Santo beef and we are famous for our beachside dining with stars above and sand underfoot.... It does not get much better than this. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Breakas Beach Resort Vanuatu Port Vila