“Just loved the buffet”

Victoria
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just loved the buffet”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Enjoyed the Thursday night buffet with friends. Soup, seafood rolls, chapati, loads of mains, green paw paw salad,big banana cake with chocolate icing and icecream, fruit salad.Only Vatu 1900 per head. All delicious.
Lovely setting, quiet, and well mannered staff.
I will be back!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank gothepies

• Thai first
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent and Authentic Food”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Really authentic and delicious Thai food. Even the kids were satisfied. You can buy also soft drink or beer or you can BYO.
Has a lunch and a dinner menu. Dinner menu prices on a par with Australia.

Tip - arrive early if you want to get a table and quick service.

Also, book in advance for Restaurant, as it is very popular.

We arrived early for dinner (6-30pm) and were well served. But after us another 16 people arrived and the restaurant was working hard to prepare and coordinate all their meals.

Visited July 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

After reading the good reviews on here I was excited to go here for lunch today. I discovered that the place is being renovated - the main part of the restaurant is closed, but they had a few tables set up out the front which was fine. I'm not sure if the renovations explain the quality of the food but I had a few issues.

I ordered vegetarian spring rolls which the menu said contained vegetables and rice vermicelli. When they arrived they contained some unidentifiable mystery meat (it's a good thing I'm not vegetarian). I also ordered pad kee mao which is my favourite thai noodle dish, similar to pad thai but different sauce. The noodles were undercooked -literally crunchy and chewy and unpleasant to eat. Think of eating dry spaghetti that's only been cooked for a minute or two.

It's a shame that my Coke Zero was the best part of my meal. The prices were reasonable which was the one good thing, but even then it wasn't worth paying for the food I got today. I won't be back.

• Visited July 2012
Sydney, Australia
“nice food!”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

pretty much the title says it all ... excellent variety of food

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Fee A
Port-Vila, Efate, Vanuatu
“My favorite place to eat up the street!”
Reviewed 23 May 2012

I live down the street from Mai Thai and finally went to eat a few months ago. Coming from Honolulu, Hawaii, I love my Asian foods, and yes I am a bit of a food snob. That being said, It was awesome. Love the BYOB, and the food is so yummy and piping hot every time you order food. The Chicken Satay sticks with peanut sauce are my favorite, but there are still two entrees that I have yet to try. I love how they use 'shutshut' (local vegetable here in Vanuatu) that they use in their curries and stir-frys.

My last few visits have not been as glamorous, but as I have gone into to 'regular' status, I don't mind so much. The service is always great, and if there is a wait, it's worth it in my opinion.

My favorite dishes are the green curry and red curry and chicken satays with peanut sauce.

• Visited December 2011