“Not just a restaurant...”
Review of Mai Thai Restaurant & Take Away - CLOSED

Mai Thai Restaurant & Take Away
Price range: US$4 - US$16
Cuisines: Thai, Fast food
Description: The Best Thai Food in Vanuatu
Description: The Best Thai Food in Vanuatu
New York City, New York
“Not just a restaurant...”
Reviewed 23 June 2013

The Mai Thai restaurant and take away is also a massage parlor which a bit of a hello hello place where one can enjoy a Thai massage with it's famous happy ending, but this is not where it stop.
In fact this restaurant and massage parlor is nothing else but a full on brothel.
Don't get me wrong, i have nothing against brothel's, but this particular brothel is using girls who are working there against their own will.

They are lured to Vanuatu by the Thai owner who has no problem lying to some poor village girls from Thailand that they will be working as qualified masseuses in an honest place.
But as soon as they arrive in Port Vila, what really happens is that he take's away their passport, beat them up and force them into prostitution.
I think it's time to stop this guy....and i am also wondering what is the government of Vanuatu and police doing about this ? Everyone knows about this, and yet nothing is done about it...
People be aware of this place and do not go there so that horrible man get get richer...

I hope jail is the next thing for that restaurant owner....i rest my case.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Zeflyingchef

• Thai first
Port Vila, Vanuatu
“Really nice”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Just ordered takeaway, Thai noodles with chicken and Thai rice chicken with spring rolls really enjoyed the food, top notch, think this place will be our takeaway night instead of Chinese.

• Visited April 2013
Victoria
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just loved the buffet”
Reviewed 27 February 2013

Enjoyed the Thursday night buffet with friends. Soup, seafood rolls, chapati, loads of mains, green paw paw salad,big banana cake with chocolate icing and icecream, fruit salad.Only Vatu 1900 per head. All delicious.
Lovely setting, quiet, and well mannered staff.
I will be back!

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank gothepies
Melbourne, Australia
“Excellent and Authentic Food”
Reviewed 24 July 2012

Really authentic and delicious Thai food. Even the kids were satisfied. You can buy also soft drink or beer or you can BYO.
Has a lunch and a dinner menu. Dinner menu prices on a par with Australia.

Tip - arrive early if you want to get a table and quick service.

Also, book in advance for Restaurant, as it is very popular.

We arrived early for dinner (6-30pm) and were well served. But after us another 16 people arrived and the restaurant was working hard to prepare and coordinate all their meals.

Visited July 2012
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 5 July 2012

After reading the good reviews on here I was excited to go here for lunch today. I discovered that the place is being renovated - the main part of the restaurant is closed, but they had a few tables set up out the front which was fine. I'm not sure if the renovations explain the quality of the food but I had a few issues.

I ordered vegetarian spring rolls which the menu said contained vegetables and rice vermicelli. When they arrived they contained some unidentifiable mystery meat (it's a good thing I'm not vegetarian). I also ordered pad kee mao which is my favourite thai noodle dish, similar to pad thai but different sauce. The noodles were undercooked -literally crunchy and chewy and unpleasant to eat. Think of eating dry spaghetti that's only been cooked for a minute or two.

It's a shame that my Coke Zero was the best part of my meal. The prices were reasonable which was the one good thing, but even then it wasn't worth paying for the food I got today. I won't be back.

• Visited July 2012