“Excellent resort! Would definitely return” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Aquana Beach Resort

Aquana Beach Resort
Ranked #11 of 48 Hotels in Port Vila
Flinders, Australia
“Excellent resort! Would definitely return”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My mother and I recently returned from a 7 night stay at the wonderful Aquana Beach Resort. I can't praise this resort enough. Every single staff member that we encountered went out of their way to ensure that our trip was one to remember. Our 2-bedroom bungalow (situated in the 2nd row back from the water) was just the right size and had everything we could want; from the porch swing, lovely clean bathroom, tea and coffee facilities, to the DVD player we used for a relaxing movie of an evening before bed. The meals were AMAZING. Though a little pricy (you will pay standard Australian meal prices), to me they were worth every cent. I am a vegetarian and the staff members went out of their way to cater to my dietary requirements without any fuss. We partook in Happy Hour, and they also make one heck of a coffee if you can't skip out on your daily coffee ritual. Having free access to the non-motorised water sports was a great addition. My Mum and I found ourselves out kayaking nearly every day, exploring the surrounding waters and nearby beaches. The resort also helped us organise day tours: I personally went zip-lining (which is a great experience for the adventurous types). We did a day trip to Eton Beach and the Blue Lagoon, which is not to be missed. We also did a walk into the local village led by an employee of the resort who guided us through the village where we were able to look at the local houses and even visit the school. The resort itself was extremely clean, tidy and welcoming, with daily house-keeping that was vigilant in ensuring that you always returned to a clean and fresh bungalow. We did not have any kids in our travel party, but it was evident that this resort would be an ideal place to travel with children. The nannys that worked at Aquana were nothing short of amazing. We watched them care for every single child in the resort, and every one of them went out of their way to ensure that the kids were safe and always having fun. I wish we could have stayed longer than 7 nights, but i'll definitely have Aquana in mind if I return to Vanuatu in the near future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank KristyV88

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
  • Korean first
canberra
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

Our family of 4 ( boys 7 and 9) just returned from 8 amazing nights at aquana. The children loved the nannies and they were the loveliest ladys. The resort is beautiful and our beachfront bungalow had amazing views straight out to the water. I must say that even with the great reviews on here the place and whole experience exceeded my families expectations. We have previosly been to fiji a couple of times and Samoa and this place outshon those with ease. We did a volcano tour to tanna island that was amazing and the resort booked that for us in advance aswell as port villa tour, local village tour and a days bus hire to the blue lagoon and eton beach of which the former was just spectacular. Our kids loved swinging into the pristine waters and so did the kids at heart.

a big thanks to marcel for the great food aswell and I wish I could have tried everything on his beautiful menu.

Overall a fantastic break and nothing was too much trouble and a big thanks to the owners and all staff who were always happy and helpful and you guys have made some great memories for all of our family.

many thanks,

Neil family

neil family.

Room Tip: All are good but we had 6 which was perfect, any front row would be best views no's 4-8
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank CanberraIslandhopper
Ballarat, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

I have just returned from my week in Vanuatu, staying at the Aquana Beach Resort. As many travellers do, I read about other people’s experiences when they travel. As such I was amazed to read about 3 reviews, one “Poor" and two “Terrible” about Aquana. After reading the said reviews as compared to the positive reviews, all I can say is that some people really should not go outside their houses.
My experience has been one to remember with great pleasure. My bungalow was perfect in every way. The lounge was spacious, well equipped (not self contained) , the bed was a queen size and very comfortable, the bathroom, with it’s large shower was soothing after a full day’s exploring Vanuatu. The bungalows were serviced every day and were spotless.
The resort was fully booked out during my stay and at no time did I find that there was a shortage of any recreation equipment supplied by the resort ( ie: kayaks etc ). The service given by the staff and owners was the best I have had from my many journeys, nothing was too much trouble and the extent they went to get the result you wanted was most appreciated. The added little features were especially welcome. One comes to mind, that when you leave the resort for any reason, you are given a mobile phone, so you can contact the resort to arrange such things as transport, or the resort can contact you with any information that you may need. Great stuff. (By the way, I have also travelled extensively throughout Europe, Asia, the Pacific and Australia).
My original plan before I went to Vanuatu was to try an eat in as many restaurants as possible. I did eat in a few at lunch time and was most satisfied with what I got. At Aquana the meals were exceptional, as such I decided that I would choose as many meal options that time allowed and chose to have dinner there every night. The kitchen staff were so flexible, if you wanted something that was not on the menu and the ingredients were available, they would gladly oblige.
There were many families staying while I was there. I was aware prior to my booking that the resort catered to families, however the nannies did such a wonderful job, so much so, that the parents had a truly stress free holiday and childless people such as myself were unaffected by their activities. I was taken by the care they gave the kids, amazing.
To sum up. Excellent resort, staff, food, accommodation and management. To the critics of this resort, stay at home and leave the rest of us to ENJOY our vacations.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
      Sleep Quality
8 Thank hans m
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2014

we got married at Aquana in march 2013 and bought 40 guest with us.
most stayed there but a few missed out, and sadly had to stay in town.
it was the best day ever, we arrived by helicopter to every ones surprise.
we were all looked after like royalty from the day we got there.
12 months on our family and friends are still talking about the day.
we decided to go back for our 1 year anniversary in July 2014 (a little late)
I couldn't believe that the staff remembered us,it was like coming home.
Every thing is perfect, location, the rooms, staff and the food is unbelievable.
This time around there were families, and as couple that was fine as the nannies are great.
thank you to our extended family.....will be back soon
your mad if you don't go
jed and lynda xx

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
1 Thank jls1421
Gosford, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

The resort was small and personable. The bungalows were spacious and clean. The staff were lovely and courteous and were fantastic with our two young children. The food was nice, but pricey. The location was stunning and quiet, but was down a very long dirt track road which was very bumpy, especially with a 3 month old and a 6 year old. All in all, the holiday was very relaxing which is what we needed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank numptyness
Hamilton, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed in mid July- had 7 nights in Vanuatu. Stayed first 4 at Warwick and last 3 at Aquana. Depends what you want but we MUCH preferred Aquana. Small friendly family atmosphere, they seem to have a fair idea of what their guests are up to most of the time. If you go into town they'll give you one of their phones to ring them if you have a problem. Lovely nannies (thanks Valerie and the girls), happy to sit and play snakes and ladders for 2 hours with my boys they seem to have patience of saints. In retrospect we should have spent all 7 nights here. What else we did- day Tanna trip, buggy fun rental, round island tour with atmosphere.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Rowan F
Tasmania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We enjoyed a two week stay at Aquana Beach Resort in July. We loved every moment of our stay and can't wait to get back there again.

The bungalows were very clean and comfortable and contained everything we needed. The furnishings were lovely and the rooms were large. We really appreciated the block-out curtain in the children's room - our boys (aged 6 and 8) slept so well.

The food was outstanding and the menu quite large so we could have something different every night. My husband is still raving about the pork belly! The meal prices are similar to Australian prices so plan that into your budget. Our breakfast was included and was delicious (the pancakes were amazing, as were the eggs benedict).

The setting was really beautiful and there was lots for the kids to do. There were lots of kayaks (all in good working order) which we loved using. There was also a trampoline, hammock chairs, volleyball, swing set, the pool etc. Our kids loved spending time with the Nannies. Afternoon soccer games with the Nannies were a big hit with the kids of all ages, as were the movie nights and marshmellow campfires. The Nannies are there whenever you want to use them but if you want to have some family time that is fine too. We did a bit of both.

Aquana is a little out of the way but there is a free bus that goes into Vila daily and tour companies pick you up from the resort. We booked Aquana's Outrigger boat and went out to a little uninhabited island for some snorkelling for a few hours. A great experience and very cheap to do. We went on the village walk (a free tour organised by Aquana) and enjoyed seeing the neighbouring village. Next time we will take some children's picture books to donate to the school library. During our stay we did a reef explorer snorkelling tour, a cascade waterfall tour (with Evergreen) and a round island tour (with Holidaymakers) and can recommend them all. You can organise them all through Aquana.

Thanks Aquana Management and Staff. We travel a lot, but can honestly say it was the best holiday we have ever had! Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family