“Amazingly beautiful and very homely”
Villa Champagne Aerial Villa Champagne Pool Deck
Bedroom 3
Whitesands Beach
Cabana -VIews
Master - Bathroom
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Perth WA
Reviewed 23 October 2013 for a stay in July 2013
person found this review helpful

23 Oct 2013
I feel compelled to respond to this review as whilst I know how bad the weather was during your stay I do know that there were a number of things we did to try and assist your needs.
The weather here plays a major part on internet and TV communications which is sometimes unavoidable. The internet service is intended for guests to keep on touch with family or work and not to be used as an internet cafe. The internet services in Vanuatu generally are expensive and slow and I make no apologies for this. Our Service provider for both TV and Internet is always consulted whenever we have any issues and generally they are able to assist as long as its not a general outage.
Yes the vehicle is old and we have now moved to not offer the car to future bookings but have included a hire car in the tariff. Some guests still use it however.
We are always contactable by phone to assist with any guests issues throughout their stay and we provide our contact details and a welcome kit for all guests on arrival.
In the past 12 month the owners have spent around AUD$200,000 on this property and more recently we have replaced the solar hot water heaters with gas powered heat pumps.
Our Housekeeper Valerie provides us with shopping lists weekly of any replacements required so I am at a loss to understand why glassware would be short on nevertheless we do accept complete responsibility for that and ensured that this would not happen again.
I guess at the end of the day when bad weather interferes with your holiday then the options of what to do each day are somewhat reduced. We see so many great reviews both on this site and personal feedback that we can only say we are sorry that you did not find this property to your liking

Kind Regards
Bryan
Reviewed 22 October 2013 for a stay in July 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Luxury-minded travelers
22 Oct 2013
Thank you for your lovely comments. Villa Champagne is truly a gem in the South Pacific with a touch of Gone with the wind
Charles W
Sydney, Australia
“Tired and In need of repair”
Reviewed 20 October 2013 for a stay in September 2013

The location of the villa is great and we loved Vanuatu basically though we were extremely disappointed in the Villa. The Villa would have been great at some stage in the past although we found every item to be tired from the car through to the furniture and fittings that a are largely broken. The car that was supplied which had a flat tyre ripped seats no petrol no air conditioning and a huge crack in the window. The agents organised a rental for 1/2 of our stay only. The staff consists of 1 housekeeper and I gardener. The housekeeper tried hard although a big job for 1 lady looking after 9 guests. Everyone seemed to be aware of the house's state around the island and the management company and the feedback was less then flattering. Wireless worked every other day and is not work quality. Not worth the money we spent.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The island
Liked least: The accomodation
Travelling group: Extended Family
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
20 Oct 2013
Dear Charles
It is a shame that the efforts we all went to to ensure your stay was pleasant did not meet your expectations.
Just so other travelers are aware the owners in the past 12 month have spent around AUD$200,000 on maintenance and earthquake rectification issues that included repainting the whole property. The Solar energy water heaters have both been replaced and we continually monitor and attend to any additional items requiring attention.
The vehicle has seen better days for sure and anyone booking the property now will note that there is a hire car inclusion included in the Tariff. I must say that whilst the vehicle is a but past it everyone that stays uses it and with the state of our roads here at times it has had to handle a lot of gust use over time.I noticed the vehicle often in and around Port Vila during your stay so assume it all worked well for you.

My partner and my assistant both went to the property to deliver some items you were short of and we stayed in touch throughout your stay to try and ensure that all was to your satisfaction.

Valerie and Willie have worked for the owners at Villa Champagne for countless years and do a marvelous job. 9 guest is hardly beyond their capabilities as they regularly cater to more guests without any fuss at all.

The internet in Vanuatu can be troublesome however if we are made aware a phone call will get instant attention from Telsat. Their contacts are clearly listed in the Villa's compendium

We are a respected an professional Management Company so I am rather bemused by your comments concerning our status in Vanuatu

All in all I believe that no matter what we would have not been able to meet your expectation. A word of thanks for the efforts all of our team made would have been nice

Kind Regards

Bryan & Valerie
Dawn B
costa de la calma
“Amazing - 'A' list quality rental - feel like a move star”
Reviewed 22 November 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

This has to be one of the most amazing places to stay. The house and guest cottages are right on the beach facing the ocean. The beach is pure white and the sunsets cast pink shadows over the water, which are the prettiest I have ever seen. If you are looking for a relaxing holiday you will enjoy the pace of life here. Children can run free and grown ups can lounge around the private pool or pop next door for food at the Tamanu beach club. My hubby loves golf and so disappeared off with my brother for a few rounds at the resort next door. I am a wildlife lover and scuba diver, so was blown away by the sight of dugongs, giant turtles and teeming aquatic life. You really don't have to move far from the house to enjoy yourself, but Port Vila is a short drive away as are many island beauty spots. The accommodation was second to none, with spacious bedrooms with sea view balconies, a fully equipped kitchen and gorgeous open plan sitting room. I coudl not recommend this more highly - if you stay you will feel like a movie star.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The setting by the ocean
Liked least: Leaving
Travelling group: Extended Family
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Reviewed 26 July 2012 for a stay in June 2012
person found this review helpful

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Australia
Reviewed 7 February 2012 for a stay in February 2012

A romantic getaway Luxury-minded travelers
Reviewed 31 January 2012 for a stay in January 2011

Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
US$676
Night
Week
Make Enquiry
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing