We recently eloped to Vanuatu and stayed in the Holiday Inn Resort, where we also held our small wedding ceremony. I can't say enough about the wonderful staff. They were the friendliest I've come across on any holiday, helpful and went the extra mile to make our stay absolutely perfect and extremely memorable.
I have to give special credit to Geraldine Tavoa, the resort’s co-ordinator. From the moment of first contact (on email) she was so helpful and put together a package that suited our very tight budget perfectly. She sourced everything we needed including a photographer, stylist for my hair and make-up, florist, celebrant (the local pastor) and witnesses (performing the role herself with the Chief from the local village – all dressed in his traditional gear). She also organised all the legal paperwork for our marriage. The ceremony was perfect and we couldn’t have wished for anything more.
Even though the resort was in its final stages of renovation, it did nothing to interfere with or affect our stay. We are extremely happy with our stay and all that the Holiday Inn had to offer.
The location is not far from the main part of Port Villa and it only costs 500vt in a taxi and is about a half hour walk. Taxis are easy to get at any time and we felt the travel in and out provided a nice insight into the city.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the serene waters of the Erakor Lagoon, Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu is set in vibrant natural surroundings. Meaning “the land that always existed”, Vanuatu is a holiday destination made up of 83 tropical islands located northeast of New Caledonia. Immersed in cultural richness and native splendour, the islands hold crystal blue beaches, coral reefs, hot springs, exotic rainforests, and stunning waterfalls that are some of the most beautiful in the world. The Vanuatu hotel’s Erakor Ballroom and Valea meeting space provides exceptional indoor and outdoor meeting facilities, and the accommodation resort also features a unique Namele Day Spa, two luxurious outdoor holiday swimming pools, and the newly refurbished Palms Casino. The views from the rooms include lush gardens, blue lagoons, and a golf course. The hotel boasts 5 dining areas. Breakfast, buffet and à la carte dinners are served daily. There is an extensive wine list from New Zealand, Australia and France. Get to experience the perfect Vanuatu holiday with island lifestyle at Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Vanuatu
- Le Meridian Vanuatu
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Port Vila