My Husband and our Son (9) and I stayed here for 14 nights from Christmas Eve 2011 - I cannot fault anything about the hotel, the staff or the resort itself.
The food and beverage Manager Mark went out of his way to ensure we had everything we needed daily and nothing was too much trouble. The dining and kitchen staff were kindness themselves, going to great lengths to ensure food was cooked to our liking and the food ... Amazing! One word of advice - don't bother with lunch, we made sandwiches and along with the pastries and muffins we found we had plenty until dinner : )
The buffet is just huge - really is something for everyone and so much food .. Yum!
The rooms are clean and bright and although small (we had 3 in a room and it was ok but 4 would be a bit tight) are more than adequate, TV was welcome - the kids will love watching foxtel while you chill on the balcony.
Kids club was great - always open and you can even drop the kids and pop into port Vila!
The main pool was huge and there were always places to sit in the shade or sun - never overcrowded, the smaller pool was closer to reception but seemed to be rarely used as there were mostly families there and this pool is deep and has no kiddie pool near (ideal for couples) the catamarans are great fun and as there are 3 there was always one available and there are so many kayaks you cannot get bored, kayaking in the lagoon the local kids will come swimming up and chat as you kayak - the locals are lovely kindly people and the kids love a handful of Lollies to share with their friends ; )
I should mention the activities team - lovely boys who go out of their way everyday to play football, volleyball or even to take a few kids out kayaking on a quick tour of the lagoon ( an hour later ... Lol)
Two things I think could be better:
1. Smoking areas need to be made, some parents seemed to think it was ok to smoke around the pool where kids were there. Designated smoking areas would stop this.
2. Rubbish bins in the pool area - although we were assured these were on order!
This place was so relaxing but bear in mind the food is so plentiful and good your jeans may not fit on the way back ; ) A+ for this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the serene waters of the Erakor Lagoon, Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu is set in vibrant natural surroundings. Meaning “the land that always existed”, Vanuatu is a holiday destination made up of 83 tropical islands located northeast of New Caledonia. Immersed in cultural richness and native splendour, the islands hold crystal blue beaches, coral reefs, hot springs, exotic rainforests, and stunning waterfalls that are some of the most beautiful in the world. The Vanuatu hotel’s Erakor Ballroom and Valea meeting space provides exceptional indoor and outdoor meeting facilities, and the accommodation resort also features a unique Namele Day Spa, two luxurious outdoor holiday swimming pools, and the newly refurbished Palms Casino. The views from the rooms include lush gardens, blue lagoons, and a golf course. The hotel boasts 5 dining areas. Breakfast, buffet and à la carte dinners are served daily. There is an extensive wine list from New Zealand, Australia and France. Get to experience the perfect Vanuatu holiday with island lifestyle at Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotel.de, Booking.com, IHG, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Vanuatu
- Le Meridian Vanuatu
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Port Vila