We stayed for a week over New Year. Lovely resort with an impressive list of facilities and activities included.
The room was great to wake up over the water but not as private as we imagined - our first morning a seaplane went past, the hotel's guests on kayak's and catamaran's, the floating restaurant and even the locals but this added to the charm of the place. On check in they take you in a golf buggy to the room as they are a 10 minute walk from the rest of the hotel. This is a bonus as it makes for a peaceful stay away from the families. I would have thought for the price of the room there may be a welcome drink or fruit basket included. There is a swing bridge which would take you directly to the hotel but it is out of action at the moment, when this is fixed it will be ideal. Also I couldn't climb out of the water to my bungalow but I understand that they will be putting ladders on there to help. There are a few fish and starfish to see from your bungalow but the highlight is the view when you wake up as you feel like you are on a boat.
The pools are great, the large family orientated one and the quieter one that mainly had couples.
The staff were friendly and as helpful as their language skills allow. I had 2 massages at the small spa, make sure you ask for the treatment rooms away from the children's club - not such a good idea building them next to each other in old guest rooms. Maybe one day they could change this as the property has a lot of land.
We had quite a bit of room service relaxing in our bungalow, which was excellent. The breakfast buffet was great. We had dinner in the restaurant and in the bar too and the food was good.
It's only a short bus or taxi ride to town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the serene waters of the Erakor Lagoon, Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu is set in vibrant natural surroundings. Meaning “the land that always existed”, Vanuatu is a holiday destination made up of 83 tropical islands located northeast of New Caledonia. Immersed in cultural richness and native splendour, the islands hold crystal blue beaches, coral reefs, hot springs, exotic rainforests, and stunning waterfalls that are some of the most beautiful in the world. The Vanuatu hotel’s Erakor Ballroom and Valea meeting space provides exceptional indoor and outdoor meeting facilities, and the accommodation resort also features a unique Namele Day Spa, two luxurious outdoor holiday swimming pools, and the newly refurbished Palms Casino. The views from the rooms include lush gardens, blue lagoons, and a golf course. The hotel boasts 5 dining areas. Breakfast, buffet and à la carte dinners are served daily. There is an extensive wine list from New Zealand, Australia and France. Get to experience the perfect Vanuatu holiday with island lifestyle at Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Vanuatu
- Le Meridian Vanuatu
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Port Vila