We have recently returned after spending nine nights at the Holiday Inn Port Vila and I am pleased to report that this resort lives up to all the great reviews. From the moment you arrive at the resort the staff cannot do enough to help you, the resort is clean, modern delivers everything it promises.
We stayed in a King Lagoon view room which had great views of the lagoon, gardens and pool. The room was large enough for two adults as well as two port-a-cots. The balcony was on the small side but not small enough to relax with a few evening drinks (a mosquito coil will help keep the mozzies at bay)
Breakfast each morning was very relaxing with a great view of the lagoon and gardens. The resort chef’s are great and will make you anything you request. Food at the resort is on par with the town centre and kids eat for free which is a bonus
The main pool and lagoon area is fantastic, we travelled just after school holidays and we felt like we had the whole place to ourselves’. Food and drinks from the pool bar are great and prices are reasonable.
We found ourselves having such a good time in the pool that we ended up staying at the pool bar for dinner most nights however there are lots of places in town to eat. We ate at the Flaming Bull house which was a little pricey but we had one of the best steaks we have ever had. Also worth checking out The Brewery Bar & Restaurant, we wished we discovered this place earlier.
The kids club looked great although we didn’t use it much as the kids were just as happy in the pool
There are plenty of activities at the lagoon however we didn’t try any the staff are always happy to help.
The resort provides entertainment each night. The fire show held at the lagoon is a must, grab a drink and settle in for the evening, this is also a great time to meet the other guest.
The only small issue that other people may have is that there is no ramp/lift to get to the main pool area. This can be hard with a pram and little kids but the staff are always happy to help.
Vanuatu has lots of day trip activities but if you have kids then it is worth a drive to Turtle Bay to hand feed the turtles and swim in the most amazing beach. Your taxi driver will take you there and if you ask nicely will wait for you.
I didn’t want to name individual staff because they were all fantastic but I have to give a mention to Jonathan from the pool bar who kept the food and drink coming all day and night.
Georglyn and Sandria - who took such wonderful care of our baby and kept her and the toddler entertained at breakfast and throughout the day, and who were always smiling. You can’t help but be happy when the staff are always so happy!!
David for sharing stories about his family and village life and for staying late one night to watch the fire show with the guest, and finally Jon from activities who fished our pram out of the pool for us (we blame Cyclone Jasmine).
Thomas and Teneal you are doing a fantastic job of running the resort and we cannot thank you enough for making our holiday amazing. (Even with an earthquake and cyclone)
Vanuatu is an amazing place with wonderful people and we hope to be lucky enough to return for a third time soon
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the serene waters of the Erakor Lagoon, Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu is set in vibrant natural surroundings. Meaning “the land that always existed”, Vanuatu is a holiday destination made up of 83 tropical islands located northeast of New Caledonia. Immersed in cultural richness and native splendour, the islands hold crystal blue beaches, coral reefs, hot springs, exotic rainforests, and stunning waterfalls that are some of the most beautiful in the world. The Vanuatu hotel’s Erakor Ballroom and Valea meeting space provides exceptional indoor and outdoor meeting facilities, and the accommodation resort also features a unique Namele Day Spa, two luxurious outdoor holiday swimming pools, and the newly refurbished Palms Casino. The views from the rooms include lush gardens, blue lagoons, and a golf course. The hotel boasts 5 dining areas. Breakfast, buffet and à la carte dinners are served daily. There is an extensive wine list from New Zealand, Australia and France. Get to experience the perfect Vanuatu holiday with island lifestyle at Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, IHG, Booking.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Vanuatu
- Le Meridian Vanuatu
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Port Vila