We stayed here for 7 nights with our 5 year old son after spending 4 nights on Tanna Island seeing Mt Yasur. We had a family suite with treehouse bunk beds and playstation and our son absolutely loved it! There are only 3 of these rooms so you need to get in quick to book one. Worth the extra $ (I think) if you have young children.
Buffet breakfast was great (and free each day, even better!). The food in general was of an excellent standard and couldn't be faulted. We didn't venture out of the resort to dine elsewhere at all. Kids eat free so long as adults are eating also.
Kids pool area lots of fun, would have been nice to have a slightly warmer pool but our son didn't seem to mind too much, and stayed in so long he had blue lips! Lots of activities on offer and the fire show on the Wed night was great.
Tour booking desk very efficient. Husband and son did the buggy riding twice and I visited The Summit which is a privately owned tropical garden with stunning views.
Great kids club, well set up and the ladies there seemed lovely and very accommodating.
The only thing I could fault is the day spa, which is a bit of a let down. More like a little shop that has been quickly turned into a day spa on the cheap. Wouldn't be quite so bad if the price reflected this but it was still reasonably expensive. We did have a chance to chat with the Management while there though, and they advised that there are plans in the coming 18 months for a new extensive day spa to be built. If this is done this property will well exceed it's four star rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the serene waters of the Erakor Lagoon, Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu is set in vibrant natural surroundings. Meaning “the land that always existed”, Vanuatu is a holiday destination made up of 83 tropical islands located northeast of New Caledonia. Immersed in cultural richness and native splendour, the islands hold crystal blue beaches, coral reefs, hot springs, exotic rainforests, and stunning waterfalls that are some of the most beautiful in the world. The Vanuatu hotel’s Erakor Ballroom and Valea meeting space provides exceptional indoor and outdoor meeting facilities, and the accommodation resort also features a unique Namele Day Spa, two luxurious outdoor holiday swimming pools, and the newly refurbished Palms Casino. The views from the rooms include lush gardens, blue lagoons, and a golf course. The hotel boasts 5 dining areas. Breakfast, buffet and à la carte dinners are served daily. There is an extensive wine list from New Zealand, Australia and France. Get to experience the perfect Vanuatu holiday with island lifestyle at Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Vanuatu
- Le Meridian Vanuatu
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Port Vila