A friend and I stayed at the Holiday Inn Resort for 5 nights at the end of May 2014 in one of the garden view double rooms. While the room was on the smallish side, it was clean, comfortable and well equipped, including with an iron and ironing board in the cupboard. I also appreciated being able to watch Aussie TV to keep up with the news. You can't do that in many places overseas.
The staff were wonderful, always friendly and helpful. Nothing was ever too much trouble and the pool bar staff make the most delicious cocktails. The food at the restaurant was pretty good, too.
I particularly enjoyed the night-time, in-house entertainment of fire twirling and singing, and was glad I tried out the spa. I had a hot rock massage that was to die for.
I can easily see how some people don't venture from the resort during their time in Vanuatu (but make sure you do - it's a wonderful place to explore).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Overlooking the serene waters of the Erakor Lagoon, Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu is set in vibrant natural surroundings. Meaning “the land that always existed”, Vanuatu is a holiday destination made up of 83 tropical islands located northeast of New Caledonia. Immersed in cultural richness and native splendour, the islands hold crystal blue beaches, coral reefs, hot springs, exotic rainforests, and stunning waterfalls that are some of the most beautiful in the world. The Vanuatu hotel’s Erakor Ballroom and Valea meeting space provides exceptional indoor and outdoor meeting facilities, and the accommodation resort also features a unique Namele Day Spa, two luxurious outdoor holiday swimming pools, and the newly refurbished Palms Casino. The views from the rooms include lush gardens, blue lagoons, and a golf course. The hotel boasts 5 dining areas. Breakfast, buffet and à la carte dinners are served daily. There is an extensive wine list from New Zealand, Australia and France. Get to experience the perfect Vanuatu holiday with island lifestyle at Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotel.de and IHG so you can book your Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Meridien
- Le Meridien Vanuatu
- Le Meridian Vanuatu
- Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu Port Vila