Le Lagon was a top class resort from almost every angle. The resort was spotless, gardens were immaculate, pool was clean and the beach was racked daily. All of the staff were more than friendly and helpful, special thanks to the beach grill staff that were happy to open our coconuts purchased from the market. We booked a "Deluxe Garden view room" and ended up with a fantastic view of not only the lagoon but Erakor Island and the ocean as well, so no complaints on that department. I found the buffet breakfast more than satisfying, there was a large range foods (all well-cooked) and a few variations from day to day (I think some guests may have been overly harsh on the breakfast; it's not Paris, it’s a Vanuatu Buffett breakfast).
Having free hire of kayaks and snorkelling equipment was a great bonus. Friendly advice from the Water Sports staff helped us find some good snorkelling spots over at Erakor Island only 10 minutes paddle away. Only negative was that the paddle boards were provided by a private party and cost extra to use.
As far as the location of the resort goes, it was too far to walk all the way in to town (maybe 40-50mintue walk) but was only 20-30min walk to a nice (and cheap) French restaurant. It was only a 5-10mintue drive in a bus (costing 300 Vatu for 2). The wharf for the ferry over to Erakor island was only a 5 minute walk from our room which was handy as they have a top class restaurant over there I highly recommend.
On the topic of food, my only negative for Warwick Le Lagon was the restaurant service. Our first night we decided to try "Wild Ginger" and waited 40 minutes for our entre and a further 40 minutes for our main. The food was good once it arrived but the big price tag and the time we had to wait for it left us with a bitter taste in our mouth. Unfortunately the "Pool Grill" did not score well with us either 30min wait for a basic beef burger and chicken skewers seemed as excessive as the price. I recommend heading into town for better value for money.
Overall I give Warwick Le Lagon top marks. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will stay there again should we return to Vanuatu!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila