Unfortunately we stayed here after spending 4 nights at Eratap so this resort was always going to struggle to compare to Eratap. We were upgraded to an Island Suite - and I really can't complain about the room. The toilet did run all night which was a little annoying, but the room was clean and adequate although was right next to the jetty so it meant there was no privacy when sitting on the balcony. Our windows also were directly in front of the water activities area so we had to keep the blinds and curtains drawn at all times to ensure privacy.
The pools were good although a little tired and needing some tiles replacing, and the swim up bar was good. The staff were nice but didn't come close to the service of friendliness provided at Eratap and Havannah. The check in process was painful and no one seemed interested in helping with our luggage. The food was mediocre but breakfast was just woeful. We ate breakfast at Wild Ginger one morning and realised we had just wasted $40....it was nearly inedible. However, the buffet breakfast in the ballroom was inedible. Everything was stone cold, I had eggs benedict that were cold, hard and the toast could be thrown at walls and would have caused damage to the walls. No one was interested in serving us coffee and we had to ask twice for it. The bacon was cold and undercooked. I settled for some muesli - as least that is meant to be cold! We didn't bother eating breakfast on the 3rd day - no use punishing ourselves!
Prices for food and drinks was okay and despite my negative comments this did seem like a nice family resort. There were plenty of activities during the day and lots of water sport activities. The kids seemed quite happy and were kept busy and the staff I saw supervising children seemed to be doing a great job. If I didn't have to eat breakfast I would consider bringing my family here.
Check out was more painful than checking in - and I had to provide evidence of my pre-payment of accommodation as I was told that "the accountant said your payment never made it into our account". Hmmmm.....funny, given it was made by credit card. Thankfully I carried the credit card receipt over with me which resolved the debate fairly quickly. Despite pre-booking our airport transfer two days prior to departing there was no transfer on departure as the gentleman who took the booking failed to pass it on to reception and the transfer company. Again, no one was interested in helping us remove luggage from the room or helping to place it in the taxi.
As stated previously, we had just arrived from a 4 day stay at Eratap so Le Lagon really had no chance of measuring up. A nice family resort but you don't get to experience the friendliness of the locals that you get at the smaller, more intimate resorts. Unfortunately I have been very spoilt in my many previous visits to Vanuatu so Le Lagon just didn't measure up. A big thank you to Heidi though - she did her best to assist us at all times - from checking in through to trying to get my internet access for me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila