“Beautiful Resort”

Ranked #13 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Amsterdam
“Beautiful Resort”
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I was lucky enough to spend Christmas Day at Warwick Le Lagon, views from the hotel pool are spectacular. Staff were friendly and helpful. Only negative was some extra things added on my final bill so make sure you double check yours before you leave. Personally I am not so keen on the buffet type meals that were available but the Asian restaurant on site was delicious and we ate here almost every night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank jules_holibags
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu, responded to this review, 28 February 2014
Dear jules_holibags,

Thank you for your comments. Yes Christmas day was a delightful day, very hot so the pool couldn't have been more welcoming! Wild Ginger is a lovely restaurant especially the teppanyaki bar. I also have a new executive chef who has commenced and he is currently working through some new and exciting options..............cant wait!

Jeremy Walsh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (469)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We returned again in February for our 6th time at LeLagon and once again had a wonderful stay!! and once again management and staff treated us like royalty!! The weather was fantastic and that gave us an excellent chance to spend ample time in the beautiful pools with our 14 month old baby. We also got babysitters and they were fantastic with our son. With a newly appointed chef the food was magnificent!! especially in Wild Ginger and my son has an allergy to certain foods and the staff made went over and above for him. We had an intimate 5th wedding anniversary party on the wedding deck with champagne and scrumptious canapés, and they surprised us with a gorgeous cake!! just beautiful!! We took a well maintained catamaran out, took out the baby too!! There are plenty of daily activities for adults and children or there is the kids club. My husband also did some fishing off the jetty. The rooms are always cleaned perfectly and left immaculate. We always know we are going to have a great and safe holiday when we return to the resort. I highly recommend this resort!! The staff go out of their way to make sure everything is perfect for you and your family!! I think another trip is on the cards for us next year!! You wont be disappointed!!

Room Tip: I would recommend the suites over the water or the lagoon villas, the garden bungalows are lovely to...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Julie B
Dear Julie B,

Thanks Julie, it was wonderful seeing you again and we look forward to the 7th visit already. I must say when you left we all felt a part of the family had gone. On behalf of the management as well I have to say a very deep hearted thank you as it is not often on somebodies special occasion that they would put on a function and include us, it was a delightful afternoon on the wedding deck with the sun setting accompanied by a lovely gentle breeze.

Glad you made it home safely and see you real soon!

Surfers Paradise, Australia
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We have both been to Port Vila previously, but had not experienced the luxury and tranquillity that Vanuatu had to offer, until we staying at the Warwick Le Lagon.

It blends the feeling of being amongst the Vanuatu culture with the right amount of Western influence to make for an enjoyable, and relaxing holiday.

The grounds were always impeccably maintained, and the attention to detail was amazing - when walking to the tennis courts, have a look at the area surrounding the base of the palm trees, the ground has been built up in the shape of a starfish.

We ate breakfast daily at the buffet, which had a mixture of your traditional breakfast items such as bacon, eggs, sausages, cereals etc, as well as some cool little touches like fresh coconut juice, coconuts, and sometimes fried fish.

We also ate at the buffet most nights, which had a different theme each night. We loved each night, but our favourite was the pool side BBQ, as you sat outside, under the starlight, it was a great atmosphere especially when the entertainment started. A must try, is the Wild Ginger, which was better than any Teppanyaki restaurant I have been to in Australia, the lobster melted in my mouth.

Lastly, but certainly not least are the staff; everyone is so friendly and accommodating, it certainly made our great holiday, amazing.

If you are planning on a trip to Port Vila, this is by far the BEST accommodation option.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Beau H
Dear Beau H,

It was an absolute pleasure to meet you guys while you were here. Your comments are greatly appreciated...........its lovely to stop and smell the roses from time to time and enjoy the beauty of such landscaping that exists around the Resort. Our big landscaping team take much pride and put much effort in for those observers who have a bit of "green thumb" in them:).

Love to see you again guys.

Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 23 February 2014

We are actually booked in at the Warwick on the 26th Feb for 7 days, for 2 adults and 2 kids in a lagoon superior room. We have been to Port Vila multiple times, but never stayed at this hotel. We have previously done a drive by and the grounds look amazing. We love the laid back lifestyle of the ni-vanuatu people and the friendliness of the locals. This will be another amazing holiday for myself and family
and I will keep you posted of my results as there have been lots of mixed reviews.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear t d,

I must say I have never had a posting with a five star review, or any review, prior to an arrival. However I trust we shall meet your needs and I am sure all your followers will be delighted to read your final judgment. Please feel free to contact me during your stay so we can catch up and I can find out who my mystery shopper is?

Ensure to relax and enjoy whilst here on the wide range of activities we have at the resort, soak up the sun and enjoy a nice cold tusker beer.........

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We had our wedding at the Le Lagon in January this year and had the most amazing day. We actually got off at Vanuatu from a P&O cruise and had never been there before. They organised mini vans to pick us and our 40 guests up from the cruise terminal. When we arrived at the resort I wasn't sure what to expect, but everything at the resort is picture perfect from the beautiful open air reception desk area to the crystal clear lagoon filled with colourful starfish. it is a true island paradise and the staff were incredibly welcoming and helpful. The Wild Ginger deck overlooking the stunning aqua lagoon which provided the most spectacular back drop for our ceremony. We had a lovely canapé and drinks reception on the deck followed by a pool party in the beautiful infinity pool with swim up bar and views of the lagoon and beautiful tropical scenery. The pictures really don't do the resort justice, I highly recommend the Warwick Le Lagon Resort and Spa. We cannot thank everyone enough for helping to make our day unforgettable.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear AllisonMichaelS,

Firstly, congratulations on your wedding. Thank you very much for your comments and I am thrilled you had a great day with us. Most definitely the surroundings are ideal for a wedding with the specially designed and built wedding deck right on the lagoon and or of course the Wild Ginger decking, immaculate landscaping and of course topped off with a champagne and some canapés and sun.........how could you go wrong!

You must come back for a holiday and we would love to welcome you anytime.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

This place was amazing, the food the amenities and the wonderful staff. We will defiantly be going back again. We went with a family of 4. The room was comfortable, and the view of the lagoon priceless. The water was perfect

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Rebecca R
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu, responded to this review, 21 February 2014
Dear Rebecca R,

Thank you for a nice short sweet review. We most definitely look forward to seeing you and the family again. It is a beautiful Lagoon no doubt with also plenty of activities to enjoy on it.

Many Thanks Again

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I am a return visitor to Le Lagon. I love the location & peaceful surrounds of the resort. The staff are all delightful & cannot help you enough. I was amazed that so many staff remembered me from previous visits. Travis (2,IC) always stopped to ask what our plans were for the day. The girls from the Spa were professional. The new Executive chief was happy to explain new thoughts. The breakfast was enormous.Themed Buffet dinner & entertainment at night was fun. I love the slower pace of the locals & Island time. I live & work in Sydney. That is what I need in a holiday. We had a taxi driver called Andrew who drove us around at a pre arranged price. To quote another Taxi driver who said 'we do not have wealth, car or our own home but we are a very happy people' Well said Tobias.
Thank you all & I hope I can return again soon.

I hope to return some day soon

Room Tip: I love the garden or lagoon bungalows
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Catherine H,

Thank you kindly for your review and much appreciated. One thing for sure is the ability of the local ni Van to remember a name and a face! Travis and Chef have been a wonderful new addition to the team and indeed we have seen plenty of changes. The slower pace and Island time indeed assist towards a relaxing holiday, it only needs to be embraced! Although it is hard to readjust when you hit a major airport such as Brisbane, Sydney or Melbourne on return. Love to see you again soon:).

Kind Regards