“Dream resort in paradise”

Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Adelaide, Australia
“Dream resort in paradise”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at Le Lagon with my teenage daughter. Travelling from the airport to the resort using the shuttle bus service, we were greeted by a traditional band, complimentary drink and woven head bands which really added to the experience.

This is a stunning resort in a tranquil location that seems surreal. The lobby is simply stunning and looks like everything a resort should, with a lovely tropical feel to it. The gardeners do an amazing job as the grounds are immaculate and a lush green.

Flowers adorn your room on arrival, giving it that special touch. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with a beautiful spacious bathroom. Our room was a bit past the water sport area, which was away from the noise at the pool presenting the ultimate tranquility. There is a small front porch area where you can read and enjoy the scenery. Views of the lagoon are simply gorgeous.

When you leave in the morning and come back, housekeeping has been and made the room look new and fresh again, as if you have just arrived. They are so thoughtful they even turn on the air conditioning so that when you return from the outdoor humidity and heat, your room is lovely and cool.

Staff are friendly and everyone wears flowers in their hair all the time. The breakfast buffets are excellent with so much variety and they set you up for the day - they are so filling. A few times when it was busy and our table had no coffee cup. We simply asked the waitress who was very attentive.

Kayaking was sensational - the water sport staff are great. You cross the lagoon in the most beautiful blue water and on a sunny day it looked just like a postcard, completely surreal the photos don't do it justice.

This is one of many activities for those who have children- there is so much for them to do.

Sitting by the pool is nice but there are limited sun beds and there isn't really anywhere else to sit unless you sit on the pavers. Get a spot early as it fills up quickly. Sitting on the sun beds overlooking the beautiful lagoon is a far better option. It is literally white sand as far as you can see and peaceful, away from the hustle and bustle of the pool area. It's the perfect location and you can bring your cocktail down there and relax.

The cocktails are delicious and there is happy hour where they are 30% off. Make sure you check your bill when you sign, as often when I'd bought a cocktail at happy hour I noticed I had been charged the full rate, which defeats the purpose. The staff would rectify this as soon as I raised it, but it was a bit annoying constantly having to check.

I found the buffets to be diverse in food choices, however a little overpriced. The desserts were delicious! Book early for dinner. You can still be seated without a booking, but perhaps not in a great seat, and at times it was fairly full.

Buses are by far the cheapest and most efficient mode of transport, significantly cheaper than a taxi. Walk to the main road down the resort drive-way and turn right and walk along the road until you see a tarago/van with the number plate marked with a 'B'. You just flag one down and they are 3 R per ride and you get to see a bit of the town by the driver going where locals drive. It was a really great experience driving with locals! If it rains, you can borrow an umbrella from reception.

Also, we highly recommend tour 2 to see the mele cascades - do it! We'll worth it.

Overall, this is a stunning resort which will feel like you are in a tropical paradise, a million miles away from reality.

Cheers, Connie and Janelle

Room Tip: Rooms closer to the pool are noisier as they have loud music playing from the swim up pool bar. Go j...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
7 Thank QueenC2014
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Dear QueenC2014,

Thank you very much for your detailed review and the subsequent sharing of your holiday with trip advisor readers. This offers a lovely insight into the Resort across the range of activities and options available in the Resort.

A wonderful review indeed.

Jeremy Walsh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
jerrys plains
Reviewed 10 March 2014

We have just returned from a week at the warwick. Our party included 4 adults and 1 child aged 2 years.
Resort and Facilities
the resort was kept clean and tidy and looking magnificent. the pools were sensational with a good area for our little boy to play in. The resort location on the lagoon is amazing The rooms while being a bit dated were nice and well thought out. The rooms were always presented in a clean and tidy fashion. Was a bit hard to get used to a double bed but turned out to be quite cosy in the end.
Food and Service
Was a real let down and major disappointment. Upon arrival at the hotel some 3 hours late due to delays leaving Sydney we ordered from the lobby bar. Our food arrived some 1,5 hours later with cold chips. The next night was spent at the buffet for the Melanesian themed night. Majority of the food our party found in edible with the only thing worth writing about was the pork. For the price of 175 australian dollars was a real let down and in turn we never ate there again. Having been to the other major destinations in the pacific the service was a let down as well. It was slow and apart from a few staff it seemed like it was a hassle to aske or get anything down in a timely manner which is a shame

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank rodntori
Dear rodntori,

Thank you for your comments and taking the time to post on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the lengthy delays in the food and this certainly is not the light I would like the Hotel to be portrayed in. Our buffets are themed nightly and it would seem only the Melanesian Buffet was experienced here which is our local cultures food, this may be liked or not liked depending on personal tastes. We also have a number of different dining options such as our Wild Ginger Asian Fusion restaurant and also our Room Service. For readers information and to give the correct information the buffet is not 175 AUD it is 3750 VT p/p and on Friday seafood (which is very popular) is 5000 VT. For those with a calculator divide the VT by 86 and that will be the equivalent AUD approximately. So the 175 AUD to clarify, is as a group.......

Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I visited this resort with a friend, the welcome at the hotel was great, free drinks and woven head bands for everyone, as well as a band. On arriving we were told we’d been upgraded, which is always nice to hear! The room was very nice, and was always well cleaned everyday by housekeeping.

The facilities were good, they had just gotten a new fleet of canoes & kayak so they were excellent. The giant chess set was a little battered, but was understandable considering its open to the elements. The tennis courts could do with an upgrade, but the golfing seemed well stocked (we didn’t actually use any of the golfing equipment though). The pool table was also good.

The Pool was nice, however I really wished the top level (with the bar) had been adults only, having children splashing around you all the time while you trying to relax can be tiering, I noticed a lot of adults around us felt the same, grimacing when children where jumping into the pool next to them and yelling. The top level was connected by a water fall to a lower level pool, and the third pool was just below, so if it was adults only parents could still watch their children from the top level.

But otherwise the pool and swim up bar were fantastic, but they really need more deck chairs. The grounds are also good, plenty of tropical plants all around, and well maintained we saw gardeners working away pruning and such every day and you could tell it really paid off.
The lagoon itself is lovely, there are pockets of coral reefs in the lagoon in front of the pool. We saw clown fish! But you have to go out a fair bit, but its pretty shallow so kids could still come and see nemo! The rest of the lagoon is pretty barren, but you do see starfish, fish, sea cucumbers and even the occasional see snake (non poisonous we’re assured).

The staff are also great, we never saw a frown from them, always willing to help and greeting you when you walk by.

Now for the downsides, The food is average, breakfast however is good (and free) but the lunch wait was always quite long, and although the food was alright it was undersized and over priced. The room service menu is pretty small, there’s not much to choose from and what you do get is not very good, I ordered a carbonara and it was dripping with oil and gluggy.
The buffets every night have a lot of choice, but again everything it pretty average, you do find the occasional great item, but I’m pretty sure you’re not allowed to go up for seconds, so if you don’t put it on your plate you miss out. I usually put on a bit of everything and hoped for the best. I would really recommended eating out, everything is overpriced, had the buffets been 10-15 dollars cheaper we would’ve eaten there more often for dinner just to save going out after a busy day of tourist things.

The price for internet was ridiculous, over 10 dollars for an hour every other guest I talked to about it agreed, it was better the more hours to paid, but paying for 2 hours didn’t mean you had two hours at your leisure of internet but that you had two hours from when you bought it to do what you needed to do and then it would lock you out. The computers where also very slow. Only one was working, so at one time I was sitting in front of it waiting for another person to finish, she told me they’d gotten staff over to try and fix it but no one knew what was wrong. In about 10 seconds I figured out the monitor wasn’t connected to the computer… because there wasn’t one. It was just the monitor sitting on the desk, not sure how they missed it.

Overall it was a nice stay, but it was really missing the wow factor, the activities they ran during the day were all right, but mostly for kids, the traditional weaving, which we where excited for was just weaving 4 bit of palm into a braid. Not difficult at all, we where expecting basking weaving or something similar. The food really wasn’t worth it, and quick tip don’t pay for the 130V per person per day food package, it doesn’t include the wild ginger restaurant, breakfast is already free, lunch is about 20v and dinner 40v (unless it’s the seafood buffet), so unless you get 70 v worth of drinks every day your out of pocket.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank C B
Dear C B,

Thank you for your comments and it seems that you enjoyed your stay overall. Nice to see that you have commented on both the positives and the negatives. I think in the positives there are quite a few comments that do suggest a "wow factor" however it would seem that as a result of pricing and internet (which I concur in Vanuatu is quite slow but the Islands are quite the distance from main stream connectivity) we have not met your expectations. I am unsure about the not being allowed to go up for seconds at the buffet.........I haven't come across that before?
Regarding the sun loungers I have on order a further 102 which are currently being manufactured and I expect them here late May/June, there will be plenty available then to the point I wont be able to fit any more in.

Overall, thank you again for your review.

General Manager.
Tauranga, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Thank you for a great time at the resort. I experienced an amazing full body massage and would recommend it to anyone. The breakfast buffet was great too, with different options daily. The grounds are large and overlook Erakor Resort and is surrounded by lagoon - perfect! Great pool area and swim up bar too. We ate at Wild Ginger Restaurant one of the nights, which was gorgeous food. Many Thanks, Suzanne Hardie

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Suzanne H
Dear Suzanne H,

It was lovely to meet you at dinner whilst you were here and I am glad you have made it home all safe and sound. Your comments have been greatly received. I look forward to seeing you again when next in Vanuatu.

Port Vila, Vanuatu
Reviewed 9 March 2014

The stay from 11th February to 15th was ultimate fun with in-house activities water beach and the food with excellent hospitality. The rates was much worth with the services.
Thank you le lagoon resort Vanuatu surely you gesture management is recommendable with the capacity of your services rating excellent and good love have driven us to revisit your resort.
Thanking you
RIZ Khan

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank rizkhan10
Dear rizkhan10,

Thank you for your nice short and sharp snapshot of your experience here at the Resort. I am pleased you enjoyed yourself and we certainly look forward to you visiting us once again.

Maroochydore, Australia
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

My mum and I stayed at Le lagoon for 8 nights. The second we got to the resort it was beautiful we were served with drinks and a welcome from the staff who then took our luggage to our room, our room was perfect size for the two of us;

The room was always made up nicely when the house keeping came in, always had fresh sheets and everything was neat and tidy.

The food each morning was yum.
We didn't eat lunch at the resort as we were always out but had dinner there 6 nights out of out trip. Each night was a different buffet menu and each night it delivered it was so delicious, I'm a very fussy eater so been able to find food that I like is great, on seafood night we asked the chef what was going to be available as I don't really like seafood and he assured me that if there wasn't something I liked he would make me something.

The live entertainment we had each night was awesome; enjoyed them all.

The snorkeling right off the jetty was so much fun you could see heaps down there, and the activities they have to offer were great there was always something to do.

The pools were always cleaned and the grounds and surroundings were superb.

Last but not least
The staff that work at this resort were some of the kindest people I've ever met, every single person we walked past had a smile on their face just walking around, each time we passed them they'd give you a little wave and say hello. The lady's at breakfast and dinners remembered us just after the first night remembered our room numbers that it was my birthday and even our names. They were all so kind. The staff defiantly make this resort so great.
Spoke to the new management, who has done a great job to the place.

The only thing wrong with our stay was the ignoret guests staying at the resort, a lot were pleasant and kind and then there was those few idiots that just wreck it all and be rude to such nice people and they just sit there and take it.

And the wifi; when we first got there we needed to use the internet quickly and learnt that it was very expensive unless you go to a free wifi cafe in town;(we soon found out that it was expensive for them to have the wifi been used by everyone at the resort)
we sucked it up and bought the wifi but then when we got inside our room the wifi wouldn't work; It only worked outside.

Other than those two minor things the resort was wonderful and already planing on coming back next April.

Management and staff for the great stay.

Stayed February 2014
2 Thank clross93
Dear clross93,

Thank you for your review and I am very happy you enjoyed your stay with us. It is our objective to ensure such stays as yours are consistent across a wide range of guests and these sorts of reviews certainly assist in a positive light for others to make decisions for their hard earned holidays. I do concur with the Wifi as it can be a little erratic however in recent times Vanuatu has now received fibre optic into the country whereas satellite is the current feed. I hope to in the coming months be able to tap into this (bit of behind the scenes work to do here) so that everybody can enjoy the world wide accepted speeds of communication. Overall, and again, thank you for your time and feedback.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 March 2014

This was our 3rd. visit to Vanuatu and our 2nd. stay at this resort. On arrival we got greeted and escorted to our room by Mr. Travis Moriarty (Executive Assistant Manager). But than we found it was a upstair room and my husband is unable to negotiate stairs, he changed the room for us to a OceanView room. We had to wait about 15 minutes for him to arrange a different room and in the meantime he inviteted us for a drink in the Lobbybar.When we arrived in our room there was a platter of Fruit and bottle of Champagne on ice waiting for us and the room had an Lagoon view. WE mentioned to him we are here to celebrate our 60.Wedding Anniversary, so the next night we had a invitation to the Wedding Deck for the Thursday,13. from the Gen.Manager for Cocktails ect at 5.30pm. we had a very good time, lots to drink and eat, also a very nice ,creamy, tasty Cake. Most of the staff still remembered us from our 1st.trip, some still knew our names. We will be going there again. The Resort has sort of a homely feeling.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sigridrohrle
Dear Sigridrorhrle,

What a wonderful review and I must say how delightful it was to meet you. I very much enjoyed your company and that pear and plum 'Schnappes" you so kindly offered me. You have been missed by all the team since your departure and we all look forward to you returning again so you may relive the memories once again. I am very glad we could look after you on your 60th Wedding Anniversary, a milestone indeed!