I stayed at Le Lagon with my teenage daughter. Travelling from the airport to the resort using the shuttle bus service, we were greeted by a traditional band, complimentary drink and woven head bands which really added to the experience.
This is a stunning resort in a tranquil location that seems surreal. The lobby is simply stunning and looks like everything a resort should, with a lovely tropical feel to it. The gardeners do an amazing job as the grounds are immaculate and a lush green.
Flowers adorn your room on arrival, giving it that special touch. The rooms are clean and comfortable, with a beautiful spacious bathroom. Our room was a bit past the water sport area, which was away from the noise at the pool presenting the ultimate tranquility. There is a small front porch area where you can read and enjoy the scenery. Views of the lagoon are simply gorgeous.
When you leave in the morning and come back, housekeeping has been and made the room look new and fresh again, as if you have just arrived. They are so thoughtful they even turn on the air conditioning so that when you return from the outdoor humidity and heat, your room is lovely and cool.
Staff are friendly and everyone wears flowers in their hair all the time. The breakfast buffets are excellent with so much variety and they set you up for the day - they are so filling. A few times when it was busy and our table had no coffee cup. We simply asked the waitress who was very attentive.
Kayaking was sensational - the water sport staff are great. You cross the lagoon in the most beautiful blue water and on a sunny day it looked just like a postcard, completely surreal the photos don't do it justice.
This is one of many activities for those who have children- there is so much for them to do.
Sitting by the pool is nice but there are limited sun beds and there isn't really anywhere else to sit unless you sit on the pavers. Get a spot early as it fills up quickly. Sitting on the sun beds overlooking the beautiful lagoon is a far better option. It is literally white sand as far as you can see and peaceful, away from the hustle and bustle of the pool area. It's the perfect location and you can bring your cocktail down there and relax.
The cocktails are delicious and there is happy hour where they are 30% off. Make sure you check your bill when you sign, as often when I'd bought a cocktail at happy hour I noticed I had been charged the full rate, which defeats the purpose. The staff would rectify this as soon as I raised it, but it was a bit annoying constantly having to check.
I found the buffets to be diverse in food choices, however a little overpriced. The desserts were delicious! Book early for dinner. You can still be seated without a booking, but perhaps not in a great seat, and at times it was fairly full.
Buses are by far the cheapest and most efficient mode of transport, significantly cheaper than a taxi. Walk to the main road down the resort drive-way and turn right and walk along the road until you see a tarago/van with the number plate marked with a 'B'. You just flag one down and they are 3 R per ride and you get to see a bit of the town by the driver going where locals drive. It was a really great experience driving with locals! If it rains, you can borrow an umbrella from reception.
Also, we highly recommend tour 2 to see the mele cascades - do it! We'll worth it.
Overall, this is a stunning resort which will feel like you are in a tropical paradise, a million miles away from reality.
Cheers, Connie and Janelle
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila