Overall my experience at LaLagoon was OK/good and would stay again......
- location: is close to town and has a great setting with the beachfront and lagoon
- the friendly staff: always with smiles on their faces and always say hello
- the accommodation: I stayed in a garden deluxe room (near the golf course) and it was quiet and peaceful being away from the main reception and pool areas
- the breakfast: its really good with plenty of different selections and the omelette / egg station is a key highlight
- the evening entertainment: singers / bands / cultural shows and fire display are all very good!
- being a Warwick Club member: this meant a free drink every day; late checkout; 15% discount off all food and drinks; free room upgrade (all worth it for a joining fee of $25 AUD)
- the grounds in general: are well maintained and beautiful
- security personnel: always willing to help with getting taxis organised at the entrance and always the first to greet you on return from a day out.....
- the coffee you can purchase at the bar near reception (and SO much better than what is offered at breakfast at the Terrace).
Now the "not so good" aspects:
- My room was not cleaned on a couple of days meaning on my return after being out for the day I had to ring housekeeping asking for one of the team to come and clean it!
- Responsiveness to general room issues is pretty poor - I couldn't get the hairdryer to work in my room and it took two calls to reception (over the course of an hour) and then me finally ringing the duty manager before someone actually came to assist...(not a good experience)
- Getting the attention of the restaurant staff (both breakfast and dinner): so many times (and I mean nearly every day) I needed to get up and approach staff asking for a cup of coffee or wine (in the evening). The team need to be a bit more attentive and anticipate needs of the customer.....
- The buffet dinner: Overall the food is good (so don't get me wrong here) however for nearly $40AUD per person I felt as if it wasn't quite value for money......
- the fan, air conditioner and little room fridge are noisy making it difficult to sleep (particularly on the first couple of nights)
All said and done though I would stay here again. I stayed for 2 weeks and left feeling relaxed and recharged. Many of the staff knew me by name by the end of the trip which was quite impressive!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U. and Cancelon so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila