“Overall I would stay here again but......”

Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Sydney, Australia
“Overall I would stay here again but......”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Overall my experience at LaLagoon was OK/good and would stay again......

The positives:
- location: is close to town and has a great setting with the beachfront and lagoon
- the friendly staff: always with smiles on their faces and always say hello
- the accommodation: I stayed in a garden deluxe room (near the golf course) and it was quiet and peaceful being away from the main reception and pool areas
- the breakfast: its really good with plenty of different selections and the omelette / egg station is a key highlight
- the evening entertainment: singers / bands / cultural shows and fire display are all very good!
- being a Warwick Club member: this meant a free drink every day; late checkout; 15% discount off all food and drinks; free room upgrade (all worth it for a joining fee of $25 AUD)
- the grounds in general: are well maintained and beautiful
- security personnel: always willing to help with getting taxis organised at the entrance and always the first to greet you on return from a day out.....
- the coffee you can purchase at the bar near reception (and SO much better than what is offered at breakfast at the Terrace).

Now the "not so good" aspects:
- My room was not cleaned on a couple of days meaning on my return after being out for the day I had to ring housekeeping asking for one of the team to come and clean it!
- Responsiveness to general room issues is pretty poor - I couldn't get the hairdryer to work in my room and it took two calls to reception (over the course of an hour) and then me finally ringing the duty manager before someone actually came to assist...(not a good experience)
- Getting the attention of the restaurant staff (both breakfast and dinner): so many times (and I mean nearly every day) I needed to get up and approach staff asking for a cup of coffee or wine (in the evening). The team need to be a bit more attentive and anticipate needs of the customer.....
- The buffet dinner: Overall the food is good (so don't get me wrong here) however for nearly $40AUD per person I felt as if it wasn't quite value for money......
- the fan, air conditioner and little room fridge are noisy making it difficult to sleep (particularly on the first couple of nights)

All said and done though I would stay here again. I stayed for 2 weeks and left feeling relaxed and recharged. Many of the staff knew me by name by the end of the trip which was quite impressive!!

Room Tip: try for a room right on the lagoon if you can or alternatively if you want peace and quiet away from...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
6 Thank Jackie_Sydney2013
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
Dear Jacki_Sydney2013,

Thank you for taking the time share your "pro's and con's" as it helps us to keep working on the good things but more importantly address the not so good things.

I am pleased you would come and stay with us again and I would love to meet you next time, I try to get around and meet as many as I can but unfortunately missed you on this occasion. Guests who stay with us for certain time periods get an invitation to the GM Cocktails which is generally another place that I get to meet guests.

Jeremy Walsh

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (460)
Sydney
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just returned , sadly, from a wonderful family holiday. Went with our kids and grand kids and all had a ball. The resort is only 5 minute taxi ride from Port Vila costing 700 Vatu ( app $8 Aus) each Way. There is so much to do around the area. Good restaurants. Beaches ( Don't forget the reef shoes) Plenty of activities around the island. We were there for 2 weeks and had no time to be bored!! The food was very good at the resort , although you are close enough to town to break it up a bit with restaurants there. This was our second Vanuatu trip and we will be back and would not hesitate to stay at the Warwick Le Lagon again. Thank you very much to the breakfast staff who welcomed us every morning with a big smile !!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear SydneyLeanne,

Many thanks for your review and it is great that enjoyed your second visit to Vanuatu. Glad you got enjoy your activities around the Island as they are well worth seeing. Good point........reef shoes are a good idea! I like the way that the kids and the grand kids all had a great time which shows that their is something for everyone here in Vanuatu and at the Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa.

Look forward you seeing you again some time.

Kind Regards,

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hello,
Just returned from Le Lagon and had a wonderful time, you can either sit by the pool and relax or do everything like we did. A great holiday destination for the family. I loved the free water sports, Sailing on the lagoon was great or you could canoe or paddle board. The breakfast was a great start to the day and the golf course was amazing. We will be back.
John A

Room Tip: The Garden view was very good
Dear John A,

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated. Indeed you may choose to relax as much as you want or busy yourself up as much as you want. Water sports are great with a wide variety of things to choose from. Hobbie Cats are great, throw out a "Vanuatu Cup" challenge against your competitors.

Glad you enjoyed..........

Tamworth, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Twice in 12 months we've had the pleasure of holidaying at Warwick Le lagon! Each time we have been treated so kindly by staff! We haven't a single complaint to make about anything in the resort. The foods and beverages were of goo standard, the staff were so friendly. We like to call Le Lagon Home! Amazing, beautiful! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: I would recommended looking at the location of rooms before choosing. Rooms at the back of the prope...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Fairygiggles,

Many thanks for your positive review on the Hotel. It is much appreciated and it was a pleasure to meet you whilst you were here. Glad you had an amazing time and simulate us to home......We look forward to welcoming you back the next time a treat to the tropics beckons:).

Kind Regards,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Just spent 7 nights. Breakfast was great. The bbq lunch every day was a total let down. Dinner was a hit and miss ordeal. It was great when they eventually took a drink order and a miracle when it was delivered (lunch around the pool again). It's a bit out of town so then had to cope with taxi drivers who never have any change. The no change saga continues throughout Vanuatu.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Theresa D,

I don't think this review really offers much in the way of the overall experience at the Resort. As a Hotel I cant control the lands and transport authority so this really shouldn't be a reflection on the Resort. I do mention in my trip advisor reviews quite frequently that myself and other senior managers are always around. Please ask for us if something is bothering you and we can try and help resolve it for you. Nonetheless your review is made but does not overly assist me or other readers, aside from lunch, in determining your overall experience with us at Warwick Le Lagon as there is so much on offer from Accommodation, many types of, Restaurants, Activities, Pools, Tennis, Golf, Kids Club, beautiful grounds and landscaping, conference facilities, Pool Bar, Lobby Bar and plenty more.

Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 12 July 2014

I spent 6 days at the Warwick Le Lagon with myself and three kids ages 5, 7 & 9. I've written below some good things and some not so good things but overall an ok holiday place.

ROOMS
We had two garden bungalow rooms which had interconnecting doors. Very helpful. The rooms were very tired. Curtains didn't close properly so let the light in, fridges hummed all night so I had to unplug them, shower pressure was pretty poor. I tried moving one of the single beds and it collapsed on me. Took me taking a photo on my phone and going to reception to try to get someone to fix it. The mini bars were never stocked but they did supply bottled water at a cost.

KIDS CLUB
Kids club was average. Things changed or didn't happen. Movie night was good and a playground under cover.

WATER SPORTS
Water sports area was excellent - good kayaks, fishing rods etc.

ENTERTAINMENT
The resort at least put on a band every night and a fire show which was the best I've seen.

FOOD
The buffet breakfast was excellent. Service for food by the pool was very slow though, we waited an hour on our arrival day for lunch. we ended up eating at the resort across the harbour or in town really as the warwick dinner was hard for kids - curry night etc. They do have a kids buffet each night but it was just really rice, chips, fish. I know it's hard to cater for all tastes though.
There is a coffee machine in the lobby which was excellent.

OTHER
The girls had their hair braided at warwick oasis spa for around $2,500 vtu hich was fun.
There are three pools which was fabulous for kids to use. However, tiles around the pool were so slippery when wet it was a hazard.
Taxis vs Buses. If you walk out of the Warwick to the road you can get Buses (vans with a B on the numberplate). They are SO much cheaper than taxis.
We visited Pango school (5mins) down the road - excellent experience for kids. They appreciated the stationery and lollies.

Room Tip: Ask for a newly renovated room - don't stay in the garden bungalows if you can avoid them. they...
1 Thank DesireeD758
Dear DesireeD758,

Thank you for your review. It seems that you have enjoyed yourself so I hope to clarify some items for you and our readers.

ROOMS
We don't actually have interconnecting Bungalows. These rooms are stand alone in the gardens or right on the Lagoon (see website). Indeed the curtains in some rooms do not close properly however this is on going rectification works. I have never had a bed collapse before and am investigating that and am enquiring within as I type this response. Mini Bars are never stocked and only done so on special request unless you are staying in a Pool Villa or the Erakor Residence.

KIDS CLUB
I struggle with this comment as it is a brand new Kids Club with more things to do in a kids club than I have ever come across......Mini Cinema, Cooking classes, PS3 Video room, Big undercover play area which is supported by an array of activities. I have not heard in the kids club of things changing or not happening but this could be to do with weather and note that perhaps you were not notified. The weather for a good part of July was not kind to anyone.....

WATER SPORTS
Indeed there are complimentary Stand Up Paddle Boards, Kayaks, Hobie Cats, Wind Surfers (smaller ones), Canoes, fishing, flippers, goggles, snorkels amongst other things.

ENTERTAINMENT
We do not hold back on entertainment and try to provide a cultural experience for everyone. The free fireworks show each Tuesday is a sight to behold.

FOOD
Thank you for this and I shall further investigate the happenings here.

OTHER
Glad the girls enjoyed their hair braiding. I would love to find a tile that is completely anti slip when wet that wouldn't grate your foot so this is an ever on going search. Glad you enjoyed your time at Pango school and your children got to see and experience something hopefully they will embrace for the rest of their lives.

Again, thank you for your comments and overall I trust you enjoyed it and relaxed when possible.

Kind regards

Coffs Harb
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this beautiful resort for one week in May 2014 with our 2 teenage sons. We stayed in the garden bungalows (304/305). They were perfectly positioned in relation to the water activities, pool and restaurants. We enjoyed the complimentary breakfast each day before using the free water sports equipment. Whilst there, we also participated in some of the free daily activities including native cooking, weaving and fishing. The staff were very friendly, we especially want to mention Joro, Graham and Jonadon from the water activities and Kela who made us yummy cocktails every night at the pool bar. The Wild Ginger restaurant was superb. We would suggest looking into joining the Warwick Club before u book your holiday. We were told about this from some of the lovely guests we met whilst there. Definitely recommend this resort as a wonderful place to stay whilst in Vanuatu.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank LSB B
Dear LSB B,

Many thanks for your review and it sure seems you enjoyed yourself making use of the facilities on offer. Indeed the staff are friendly and very receptive to friendly visitors to. Joro, Graham and Jonadon from water sports all great ambassadors for the Resort, we are lucky to have them and they will be thrilled to receive your feedback! Thank you for recommending others to our Resort and we trust they will all have the same experience as you. Look forward to that next visit should you find time in a world where it is hard to find it these days...........