“Lovely relaxing break”

Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu
Ranked #12 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We have just returned from a 7 day stay at Warwick Le Lagoon and it was exactly what we needed after a busy time at work - quiet and relaxing.

We stayed in room 108 at the far end of the resort away from the restaurant and pool area. We've learnt from previous experience that these areas can be noisy because of travellers with children. Our room was on the lagoon with a fantastic views overlooking Erakor Island. We bought a day pass at the wharf costing 1000 vuv each to Erakor Island. The cost of the day pass is taken any food and drinks and I think water sports purchased whilst on Erakor. We had lunch on Erakor one day and the food was delicious.

The grounds at Le Warwick are immaculate and very well maintained with gardeners continually sweeping and cleaning up.

The pool area and bar were fantastic and very well designed with a swim up bar, although a bit noisy with all the kids screaming and running around. We preferred to lay in the sun or under the umbrellas closer to the lagoon away from the pool as it was a lot quieter. Waiters still came and asked us if we wanted food and or drinks.

We ate at Wild Ginger restaurant 3 times and the food could not be faulted. The service was very attentive and finished with a nightcap at the bar. The buffet breakfast was good and dinner was varied with a different theme each night eg. Seafood, Indian, Mexican, Mediterranean, poolside BBQ and Roast Carvery.

Our room was well maintained and cleaned every day. The bed and pillow were very comfortable and lined was spotless. The cleaner was very friendly.

The only disappointing thing was there was no free Wi-Fi. All the other resorts we have stayed at have some form of free Wi-Fi even if restricted. The cost if you purchased by the hour was 1,000 vuv which if you are trying to run a small business while away can add up.

Overall though it was a fantastic holiday and we would certainly go back again.

Room Tip: If you are not travelling with children choose a room away from the pool and restaurant area.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank adams1954
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear adams1954,

Thank you very much for you review. I am pleased you enjoyed yourself after your busy time at work and found the spot for you unwind. Your comments are greatly appreciated, indeed the grounds are beautiful and you can always find that "quiet spot". Wild Ginger is a lovely restaurant along with the buffet options in our Lagoon Terrace restaurant. We would love to see you back as suggested and until then..............

Reviewed 18 July 2014

I have recently returned from a ten day stay at Warwick Le Lagoon Resort. It was an amazing holiday. The grounds are gorgeous and immaculately kept.

My room was quiet and well serviced. The bed and pillows were comfortable and linen was spotless. I wanted a relaxing break away and was spoilt for choice. I especially enjoyed the luxury of the Spa and relaxing either by the three tiered pool or the lagoon.

All staff were friendly including the grounds men and security (I like that they were non-intrusive but added a feeling of safety given the large open spaces and being a female traveler). The smiles were contagious. “Tank u toumas” to Travis for your help and good advice.

I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Warwick Le Lagoon Resort to anyone planning a trip to Vanuatu.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Hello there Happycamper906,

A lovely short and sharp review and thank you very kindly for this. The Resort is lovely with much to do or do as little as you want. Watersports, Grounds, Restaurants, Pools, Activities and on it goes......or just hang at the Pool Bar:). Thank you for not hesitating to recommend us and we would love to welcome you back at some stage when that daily grind becomes to much.

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Just got back yesterday from our stay, and am suffering from post holiday depression!
There were 7 of us holidaying together and we had a fantastic time. The resort was gorgeous, well designed and spacious. I particularly loved the pool area, lobby bar and spa!
My cousins LOVED the kids club, it was fantastic with so many things to do- even a children's movie theatre!
Overall the food was not as great as expected, I found the buffet to be quite expensive at $44 pp each night, with the options offered not that great. Indian night was the most disappointing.
Another negative is the wifi. The fact that you have to pay $60 for 3 days of wifi is ridiculous, as every other resort I have stayed at has some form of free wifi(even if its in restricted areas). To add to the price of the wifi, the signal was terrible with us not being able to access our PAID FOR wifi in our rooms or the lobby bar, which was annoying.
Just want to make a special mention of our favourite resort staff: Ennith, Reuben, Presley the security guard and Michael and Charles the great bar staff. One thing I loved was going to the bar and either of these guys knowing I would order a mojito and my room number 111!
They all deserve a pay rise!
Overall great service and accommodation in a beautiful country.
Until next time.
Hannah

1  Thank HannahAshlee

Dear HannahAshlee,

Many thanks for taking the time to review our Hotel. It is pleasing to know that your group of 7 had a great time with us and you liked, or the kids did, the recently upgraded and refurbished kids club. I guess with buffet themes we do try to cater to a wide variety of options and tastes however I appreciate your feedback on the Indian night.
We do experience issue with WIFI and being in the remote Pacific it can be a little challenging but something we are ever trying to get better at. Your comments for the staff have been shared and they really enjoy seeing there name up in the "bright lights", it brings a bigger smile to their face.

Well, I guess until next time you need that special relaxing break...........

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Overall my experience at LaLagoon was OK/good and would stay again......

The positives:
- location: is close to town and has a great setting with the beachfront and lagoon
- the friendly staff: always with smiles on their faces and always say hello
- the accommodation: I stayed in a garden deluxe room (near the golf course) and it was quiet and peaceful being away from the main reception and pool areas
- the breakfast: its really good with plenty of different selections and the omelette / egg station is a key highlight
- the evening entertainment: singers / bands / cultural shows and fire display are all very good!
- being a Warwick Club member: this meant a free drink every day; late checkout; 15% discount off all food and drinks; free room upgrade (all worth it for a joining fee of $25 AUD)
- the grounds in general: are well maintained and beautiful
- security personnel: always willing to help with getting taxis organised at the entrance and always the first to greet you on return from a day out.....
- the coffee you can purchase at the bar near reception (and SO much better than what is offered at breakfast at the Terrace).

Now the "not so good" aspects:
- My room was not cleaned on a couple of days meaning on my return after being out for the day I had to ring housekeeping asking for one of the team to come and clean it!
- Responsiveness to general room issues is pretty poor - I couldn't get the hairdryer to work in my room and it took two calls to reception (over the course of an hour) and then me finally ringing the duty manager before someone actually came to assist...(not a good experience)
- Getting the attention of the restaurant staff (both breakfast and dinner): so many times (and I mean nearly every day) I needed to get up and approach staff asking for a cup of coffee or wine (in the evening). The team need to be a bit more attentive and anticipate needs of the customer.....
- The buffet dinner: Overall the food is good (so don't get me wrong here) however for nearly $40AUD per person I felt as if it wasn't quite value for money......
- the fan, air conditioner and little room fridge are noisy making it difficult to sleep (particularly on the first couple of nights)

All said and done though I would stay here again. I stayed for 2 weeks and left feeling relaxed and recharged. Many of the staff knew me by name by the end of the trip which was quite impressive!!

Room Tip: try for a room right on the lagoon if you can or alternatively if you want peace and quiet away from...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
6  Thank Jackie_Sydney2013

Dear Jacki_Sydney2013,

Thank you for taking the time share your "pro's and con's" as it helps us to keep working on the good things but more importantly address the not so good things.

I am pleased you would come and stay with us again and I would love to meet you next time, I try to get around and meet as many as I can but unfortunately missed you on this occasion. Guests who stay with us for certain time periods get an invitation to the GM Cocktails which is generally another place that I get to meet guests.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Just returned , sadly, from a wonderful family holiday. Went with our kids and grand kids and all had a ball. The resort is only 5 minute taxi ride from Port Vila costing 700 Vatu ( app $8 Aus) each Way. There is so much to do around the area. Good restaurants. Beaches ( Don't forget the reef shoes) Plenty of activities around the island. We were there for 2 weeks and had no time to be bored!! The food was very good at the resort , although you are close enough to town to break it up a bit with restaurants there. This was our second Vanuatu trip and we will be back and would not hesitate to stay at the Warwick Le Lagon again. Thank you very much to the breakfast staff who welcomed us every morning with a big smile !!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Jeremy W, General Manager at Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear SydneyLeanne,

Many thanks for your review and it is great that enjoyed your second visit to Vanuatu. Glad you got enjoy your activities around the Island as they are well worth seeing. Good point........reef shoes are a good idea! I like the way that the kids and the grand kids all had a great time which shows that their is something for everyone here in Vanuatu and at the Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa.

Look forward you seeing you again some time.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

Hello,
Just returned from Le Lagon and had a wonderful time, you can either sit by the pool and relax or do everything like we did. A great holiday destination for the family. I loved the free water sports, Sailing on the lagoon was great or you could canoe or paddle board. The breakfast was a great start to the day and the golf course was amazing. We will be back.
John A

Room Tip: The Garden view was very good

Dear John A,

Thank you for your comments, they are very much appreciated. Indeed you may choose to relax as much as you want or busy yourself up as much as you want. Water sports are great with a wide variety of things to choose from. Hobbie Cats are great, throw out a "Vanuatu Cup" challenge against your competitors.

Glad you enjoyed..........

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Twice in 12 months we've had the pleasure of holidaying at Warwick Le lagon! Each time we have been treated so kindly by staff! We haven't a single complaint to make about anything in the resort. The foods and beverages were of goo standard, the staff were so friendly. We like to call Le Lagon Home! Amazing, beautiful! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: I would recommended looking at the location of rooms before choosing. Rooms at the back of the prope...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Fairygiggles,

Many thanks for your positive review on the Hotel. It is much appreciated and it was a pleasure to meet you whilst you were here. Glad you had an amazing time and simulate us to home......We look forward to welcoming you back the next time a treat to the tropics beckons:).