We are a family with 2 children age 5 and 6. Travelled to Vanuatu with extended family including teenagers. We had a bit of a rooms saga in the first 2 days like many others. On arrival we were told our requested garden superior room wasn't available We were given a lagoon bungalow (about double the price of the garden superior) instead for the first night ... but ... wait for it ... the room is not ready. We arrived at 2pm and it took till about 5pm for the room to be ready. In the mean time, children got their swimmers on and had a splash. The next day, despite us having our bags all packed by 11am, the room that we were to move into for the rest of the holiday was again not ready till 5pm.
The lagoon bungalow was very nice, spacious and seemed to be recently renovated, complete with a spa bath. Although the materials were good, complete with stone vanity tops and massage shower head, the tiling and plumbing workmanship was little above a DIY renovation - a reflection of the overall laid back attitude throughout Vanuatu.
Although the bungalows were very nice inside, I wouldn't recommend them as they were very lacking in privacy. I also felt sorry for the people in the over-water suites as I kayaked past their romantic balconies.
Some rooms are renovated and some are not. The renovated ones like ours are very nice but the unrenovated ones are really bad.
Food was OK. Buffet nights have changing themes. Breakfast buffet is exactly the same each day. Poolside grill pretty good. Wild Ginger has an innovative a la carte menu which may not be to everybodies taste. I had rack of lamb with morrocan and wasabi flavours.
Nice cultural shows on some evenings. Some kids (but not mine) enjoyed the torch lighting ceremony each evening at 6pm.
We used the kayaks and catamarans quite a lot. Snorkeled in the lagoon. Lots of starfish and coral but not many fish. Activity centre was a hit with the kids and teenagers. Soccer match was on with the locals every couple of days. Pool was great. The middle pool was at standing waist to shoulder depth for my kids.
Prices of drinks and food are at or over North Queensland resort rates. Extra charge for use of gym, golf equipment and tennis rackets.
Tour operators were very friendly, punctual and well organised. Mele falls evergreen tour with bbq lunch was great. Went on a buggy (more like go-kart) trail ride half day, which was quite a unique experience. Need to book this 2 days ahead. Hideaway island had great snorkelling with the full cast of Nemo. Fish come up to the beach if you have some bread with you. Not much at Hideaway for people who don't swim, snorkel or dive. The "beach" is full of dead coral and not for walking on barefoot.
Port Vila itself is not very interesting. Only spent a few hours there. Ate at Chill restaurant for lunch, which was good and catered well for kids.
Overall, we all had great fun. Locals generally happy and friendly. Lots for kids and teenagers to do on the resort. Don't stay here though if you can't deal with the laid back attitude and the (not bad but) less than perfect rooms.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila