A warm welcome including a personal greeting from a local leader and a musical performance of traditional songs had us feeling pretty happy with our selection of Le Lagon Resort for our first trip to Vanuatu.
We found the service delivery by staff was courteous but of a standard below what we expect from a 4 star resort.
Our room was in a clean condition with a minor drainage problem which was rectified the same day reported.
Food service poolside is slow and the food itself was OK while the lunchtime BBQ (on Sunday) was very good and left us wondering why this is not daily as it creates a totally different atmosphere among the guests and staff.
Room service has a limited time between 7pm-10pm.Some food delivered was not edible even for a person who can digest anything called a pizza or at least I thought I could.
Breakfast buffet had a lot of overcooked American style foods which we expected but fruit was limited by variety and their reasoning was that most is imported from Australia so this limits what they can provide.(bacon, sausage, hash browns, pancakes etc would these be locally produced?)
However the quality of food and service at the Wild Ginger Restaurant was excellent in all respects. Well Done Staff!
Activities on offer were sufficient and the tour desk and reception staff were again courteous without ever delivering that special service level that makes you want to return.
Disappointing overall for us after reading such good reviews and in time we may give them a second chance to impress.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila