We were greeted on arrival like VIP guests and unfortunately this moment was short lived. We were escorted to our room which was at the furthermost point of the resort. This in itself would not have been an issue except that we had booked a Lagoon Superior room which according to all the maps were on the other side of the resort. I phoned reception to rectify this and was told the room we were in was recently renovated and was now a Superior and not a Standard room.
Recently renovated was an understatement as I believe a man stomping around on the roof of your room painting it, makes it a current renovation. We were also cut off from the rest of the resort by complete construction works being carried out on the block beside us. When booking our holiday we were aware that renovations were underway, as per information on the website and from our agent. However these renovations were to end June 30. I understand jobs going overtime but works should have stopped during peak season and guests who have come to a resort for a relaxing holiday should not be put in a construction zone! It also states on the website that as these blocks are at the far end of the resort any inconvenience to guests would be minimal. This would have been true had guests not been placed beyond and beneath the renovations.
When I mentioned to reception that the block was still being renovated and we wanted to be moved to where we had booked, I was told nothing was available. This included the manager. I phoned for the manager again the following day after being woken by saws, hammers, workers, trucks and bulldozers - he was still unavailable. I received loads of apologies but no help. I was told my complaint was noted and would be passed on to the manager. I was still not contacted on the third day and was by now very disappointed and angry. On the third day of my complaint I was told supposedly by a manager that a room would be available the following day and to have our bags packed in the morning, hand in our key and when we got back from our tour, all our things would be moved and waiting for us. Finally.
So we arrive back wet, sandy exhausted, to discover that unfortunately that room would not hold a family of four (and yes they had asked and confirmed that we were four as was obvious by our booking). "So sorry" you will have to go back to the other room where our bags were still packed and waiting. "Sorry" we do not have any other rooms available but we can move you tomorrow. Lucky for us a bus load of new guests had just arrived and I dug my heels in refusing to go back to construction city. Amazingly they found an empty room and the manager escorted us out of the reception. We had to wait another hour for our bags and their was not enough towels but after three days of "we apologise" finally some problem solving.
The food was average. The cleanliness average. The service by the local vanuatu people laid back ,slow but very friendly. The location beautiful/stunning. It was reception and management that let La Lagon down with their uncaring, unresponsive, misleading behaviour and the misconception that an apology is problem solving.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila