We stayed at Le Lagon for 10 nights in late October/early November. My husband and I travelled with our two sons aged 5 and 8. Also with my parents. We stayed in Garden Superior Rooms which were excellent. Our room (610) was really convenient to the facilities and was situated in the beautiful landscaped gardens. The layout of the room was a little odd and it didn't have a bath, but we didn't spend a lot of time in the room so it didn't really matter. The room was serviced daily to a high standard. The hotel is in a lovely spot on the lagoon and conveniently located close to the supermarket and town. The food in the Lagoon Terrace restaurant was average (not great and not terrible). The kids loved the Kids Club menu each day though and we loved the breakfasts. The hotel could do with a new toaster though (the 6 slice current model is woefully inadequate). My kids spent a bit of time in the Kids Club but unfortunately the normal building is being renovated (along with the adjacent playground) and this did hamper their activities quite severely. It would have been nice to have been notified of this at the time of our booking.
We had dinner at Wild Ginger one night which was superb. My mother and I also booked a massage at the Spa which was lovely and quite reasonably priced.
The pool complex is probably one of the best I have ever seen.
Vanuatu is a really interesting place with a lot of history and the touch of French makes it unique. It is an expensive place to visit though so be prepared to pay more for just about everything than at home. I would recommend hiring a car for at least one day and making the effort to see Hideaway Island, Waterfalls and if you have time, driving around the island. The best lunch we had was at Tamanu on the Beach and on a separate day we had a great time at Crystal Blue Lagoon where the kids handled turtles, checked out the sharks, moray eels and coconut crabs.
Shop around in Port Vila, the markets are not the cheapest place to buy gifts. Use Goodies to change money - definitely the best rates.
At at Harbour View Chinese restaurant which was great as was The Waterfront.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila