I've recently come back from a 5 night stay at Le Lagoon and as most people have already mentioned, the pool, grounds and location are great. We went All Inclusive so the cost of food wasn't an issue, however I would have been appalled if I had "paid" money for some of the food served at the pool terrace. The buffet food was overall very good, but again I don't think I'd have been happy to pay $50 for it.
The All Inclusive package includes local Beer/wine and Spirits, not water! Nor cocktails, I think they should revisit that policy because 75% often cocktails are made from local spirits but you still have to pay the full charge which doesn’t seem right to me.
The Island across the water is well worth a visit; their deck area is great to have a relaxing drink upon and it is a great spot for some snorkelling. We did head into the town via taxi (700 Vatu) and I was unimpressed, you can however get a better exchange rate from Goodies exchange rate shops and the duty free shop at the end of town is better value than airport duty free. Speaking of which, a smoker friend said cigarettes are cheaper in the small Vanuatu duty free shop at the airport.
As a recent reviewer mentioned the staff was not very friendly, I tend to agree. I have been to Fiji so the difference was evident - it doesn't hurt to crack a smile and say hello. Additionally we were overcharged on our credit card and are now having to go through the process of getting a refund.
We flew Vanuatu Airways and the planes are dated and there is no in-flight entertainment so take a book or ipod!
Overall we enjoyed ourselves because of the Pool and the location, however if we return to Vanuatu we will try a different resort that is better value in terms of extras and hopefully where the staff are friendlier and they get my final bill correct.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is situated on 75 acres of exotic tropical gardens on the edge of the pristine Erakor Lagoon. Promising some of the finest accommodations in Vanuatu, Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu is the ideal place for your Vanuatu Holiday. The resort offers 140 guest rooms ranging from classic rooms, garden & lagoon superior rooms, garden and lagoon bungalows, to four luxurious over-water island suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo and Agoda so you can book your Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort & Spa, Vanuatu Hotel Port Vila
- Warwick Le Lagon Resort And Spa, Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Hotel Vanuatu
- Vanuatu Le Lagon
- Le Lagon Vanuatu Resort
- Lagon Le Resort Vanuatu
- Le Lagon Port Vila
- Port Vila Le Lagon
- Warwick Le Lagon - Vanuatu Port Vila