“Well located if you want to get out and about”

Chantilly's on the Bay
Ranked #28 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Adelaide, Australia
“Well located if you want to get out and about”
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

If you aren't here to just sit in a resort this is the prime spot, clean rooms, good dining and friendly staff. Just a short walk into Port Villa and any trips you might want to do. Only criticism is that many locals expats bring children in to use pool and pool didn't appear to be cleaned very often if at all!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ros M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
methven
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my 7 days at Chantilly's in Port Vila. The staff were very friendly and always trying to ensure guests had everything they required. I used the free wifi in the lobby several times a day and they always arrived with cold water for me. The meals in the restaurant at breakfast, lunch and dinner were perfect. The beef melted in my mouth. The hotel was in easy walking distance to town even in the heat. There was plenty of space in the room which is good when staying a week and trying to get work done. The view from the balcony was beautiful and so peaceful whatever time of day or night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Aus
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed here for a few days because I wanted somewhere a bit closer to town for the weekend and I was previously staying 15 minutes out of town (In Port Vila, to bus drivers this is FAR). It was perfect. You are right next to Moorings which I just to happened to enjoy the most out of the nightclubs. I didnt realise how close I was until the end of the night when I was walking home and noticed I Was yes, Right next door. The staff here are lovely and travelling alone they enjoyed chatting with me and helping me out whenever they could. One night I was meeting another traveller in town and they even got their security guard to walk me to my friend just to be safe. Having a kitchen came in handy, I cooked most of my meals myself. I did however eat in the restaurant for lunch one day and the food was fantastic! some of the best in Port Vila! It is a 5 minute walk from the main town and everything is within walking distance. The wifi in your room is $15+ a day which was a bit expensive but the wifi in the lobby was the best wifi on the island (that being said, don't expect too much from any wifi on any island and you'll be overly pleased.) On my last day I only had 1000VT left and I didn't want to pull out more money from the ATM so I asked if they could help arrange a cheaper taxi transfer to the airport, they did, and also a late checkout since my flight was in the evening =) The View every morning was amazing~ waking up here you know that life is good. I'd definitely come back again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PkTravelling
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Chantilly's is a great place to stay. The staff are friendly, efficient, and well trained. The rooms are a good size, quite well appointed (being able to self-cater, even in a limited way, is helpful), with nice views and quite well maintained. The restaurant is good, especially for weekend breakfast and lunch specials, and Willy behind the bar is a treat (especially if you like your cocktails). They also seem to offer good discounts on repeat stays (this was our third stay there and it seems to get cheaper each time).

Room Tip: Rooms toward the middle are quieter (road noise)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank csdv
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Came here for a meal, We had croquettes and wrapped tapioca as entrees, and twice cooked pork belly and my partner had gnocchi as mains, my meal was the best I have had in Vanuatu, it was 2700vt, the pork belly was so tender and the beans and garlic were delicious, the mash it rested upon was also very good. We will definatly be eating here again, friendly and attentive staff, beautiful views, what more could you ask for!

• Stayed August 2013
Auckland
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We came here for a work conference for dinner and it was the best meal we had in Vanuatu! Would highly recommend this place. Stunning views right on the water and in the middle of town. Perfect location!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed at chantillys for seven nights on the top level in a studio room. The room is a good size and had a microwave and hotplate if you would like to prepare own meals. All rooms have amazing water views. The bathrooms could do with some basic maintenance but overall met our needs. Please be aware there is no lift (only 3 stories) so older people or those with young kids may want to stay on the lower floors. The staff were very friendly and helpful. There is free wifi in the lobby area but none in the room. We ate at Chantilly resteraunt regularly and found it to be the best food we had in port vila. The prices are also very reasonable compare to whats available in town and you get the amazing views as well. The hotel is located a 10 minute walk along the waters edge to town which is a positive as is much quieter and relaxing,

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple