“Beautiful spot but”

Chantilly's on the Bay
Ranked #27 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
“Beautiful spot but”
Reviewed 4 April 2014

We stayed at Chantilly's for 3 nights. It is a beautiful spot with a view over the harbour. We had a room booked for a family of 4 adults and were told the 4th bed would be a rollaway, so we're surprised to find a rollaway and a pull out couch which was dipped to the floor as you can see in our picture. There was one air-con unit in the bedroom which rattled the first night, so my dad taped it up with Sellotape which did the trick. The queen bed was comfortable, but the motel is starting to look a little tired, with seats mis-matched, uncomfortable seats in the foyer where there is free wifi. The bathroom was clean enough but the shower head dribbled and sprayer water at the same time (need replacing). There were also a few bugs in the cupboards - probably hard to manage in the climate but ...
The staff are friendly and helpful, and the restaurant has nice meals alto they are on the pricey side $27,000 vatu for steak ($33NZ).
All and all we enjoyed our stay, but I don't think we will return unless we hear of refurbishments.

Room Tip: Make sure you have a room towards the centre of the motel and above ground level, a little quieter g...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MissTripAbout

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 9 January 2014 via mobile

If you aren't here to just sit in a resort this is the prime spot, clean rooms, good dining and friendly staff. Just a short walk into Port Villa and any trips you might want to do. Only criticism is that many locals expats bring children in to use pool and pool didn't appear to be cleaned very often if at all!!!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ros M
methven
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my 7 days at Chantilly's in Port Vila. The staff were very friendly and always trying to ensure guests had everything they required. I used the free wifi in the lobby several times a day and they always arrived with cold water for me. The meals in the restaurant at breakfast, lunch and dinner were perfect. The beef melted in my mouth. The hotel was in easy walking distance to town even in the heat. There was plenty of space in the room which is good when staying a week and trying to get work done. The view from the balcony was beautiful and so peaceful whatever time of day or night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Aus
Reviewed 27 August 2013

I stayed here for a few days because I wanted somewhere a bit closer to town for the weekend and I was previously staying 15 minutes out of town (In Port Vila, to bus drivers this is FAR). It was perfect. You are right next to Moorings which I just to happened to enjoy the most out of the nightclubs. I didnt realise how close I was until the end of the night when I was walking home and noticed I Was yes, Right next door. The staff here are lovely and travelling alone they enjoyed chatting with me and helping me out whenever they could. One night I was meeting another traveller in town and they even got their security guard to walk me to my friend just to be safe. Having a kitchen came in handy, I cooked most of my meals myself. I did however eat in the restaurant for lunch one day and the food was fantastic! some of the best in Port Vila! It is a 5 minute walk from the main town and everything is within walking distance. The wifi in your room is $15+ a day which was a bit expensive but the wifi in the lobby was the best wifi on the island (that being said, don't expect too much from any wifi on any island and you'll be overly pleased.) On my last day I only had 1000VT left and I didn't want to pull out more money from the ATM so I asked if they could help arrange a cheaper taxi transfer to the airport, they did, and also a late checkout since my flight was in the evening =) The View every morning was amazing~ waking up here you know that life is good. I'd definitely come back again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank PkTravelling
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2013

Chantilly's is a great place to stay. The staff are friendly, efficient, and well trained. The rooms are a good size, quite well appointed (being able to self-cater, even in a limited way, is helpful), with nice views and quite well maintained. The restaurant is good, especially for weekend breakfast and lunch specials, and Willy behind the bar is a treat (especially if you like your cocktails). They also seem to offer good discounts on repeat stays (this was our third stay there and it seems to get cheaper each time).

Room Tip: Rooms toward the middle are quieter (road noise)
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank csdv
Auckland, New Zealand
Reviewed 18 August 2013 via mobile

Came here for a meal, We had croquettes and wrapped tapioca as entrees, and twice cooked pork belly and my partner had gnocchi as mains, my meal was the best I have had in Vanuatu, it was 2700vt, the pork belly was so tender and the beans and garlic were delicious, the mash it rested upon was also very good. We will definatly be eating here again, friendly and attentive staff, beautiful views, what more could you ask for!

• Stayed August 2013
Auckland
Reviewed 15 August 2013

We came here for a work conference for dinner and it was the best meal we had in Vanuatu! Would highly recommend this place. Stunning views right on the water and in the middle of town. Perfect location!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business