We stayed at Chantilly's for 3 nights. It is a beautiful spot with a view over the harbour. We had a room booked for a family of 4 adults and were told the 4th bed would be a rollaway, so we're surprised to find a rollaway and a pull out couch which was dipped to the floor as you can see in our picture. There was one air-con unit in the bedroom which rattled the first night, so my dad taped it up with Sellotape which did the trick. The queen bed was comfortable, but the motel is starting to look a little tired, with seats mis-matched, uncomfortable seats in the foyer where there is free wifi. The bathroom was clean enough but the shower head dribbled and sprayer water at the same time (need replacing). There were also a few bugs in the cupboards - probably hard to manage in the climate but ...
The staff are friendly and helpful, and the restaurant has nice meals alto they are on the pricey side $27,000 vatu for steak ($33NZ).
All and all we enjoyed our stay, but I don't think we will return unless we hear of refurbishments.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally located overlooking the bay. All the rooms have spectacular views across the harbour. Only a 5 minute walk to town and a 15 minute drive to the international airport. Also available: tour desk, beauty spa, outside pool, guest laundry, Tilly's restaurant, room service, air conditioning and kitchenettes. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your Chantilly's on the Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chantilly`s On The Bay Hotel Port Vila
- Chantilly's On The Bay Vanuatu/Port Vila