We stayed at Le Lagon, Port Vila, and visited Erakor Island one afternoon during our stay.
We got the ferry over around 3pm and enjoyed an hour on the beach and the kids had some time playing on the swings and play equipment nearby. The water in the lagoon was warmer than the Le Lagon pool and was a good place to test out our snorkeling equipment (not that we saw much).
After the beach we visited the restaurant on Erakor, which is right at the wharf and beside the beach. Before 6pm they do a family dining special, which is excellent value. Garlic bread for all, then a choice of mains (kids and adults each get a choice of about 4 options) and then ice cream sundae for dessert. My wife and I enjoyed Santo beef steaks (she had mushroom and I had pepper sauce) for about A$25 a head and the kids had burgers and pasta for A$10 each. We also had a glass each of NZ red wine (which was about A$8 a glass).
While waiting for dinner (and after dinner) our kids (4 and 7 y/o girls) played with one of the hotel staff who seemed to have child minding responsibilities. This allowed the adults to enjoy a drink and take in the spectacular view from the deck where we ate dinner.
After dinner we took the 10-minute ferry ride back to Le Lagon.
This was a really easy day trip that is highly recommended for anyone staying at Le Lagon or visiting Port Vila.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Traveltool, S.L.U., Odigeo and HotelQuickly so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila