My son Angus and I have just returned from 11 wonderful days in this warm, welcoming and relaxing gem. We shared a waterfront loft villa, which gave us plenty of space, a wonderful outdoor space with a very enticing day bed, and a hammock on the lagoons edge. The villa was very private - and while not 5 star, was exactly right for the feel of the island. There are only about 20 villas, so the island never feels crowded, even when day trippers from other resorts come to take advantage of the islands beautiful beaches and water activities. There is no television, but so many things to do, or time to just lie around relaxing that it was never missed. A couple of the highlights included pizza and movies on the beach, a fabulous Melanesian night with great food, fun, music and a fabulous fireshow, and Reggae night with Albert, who seems to do about 6 jobs on the island. The real gems of this resort though are the staff, amongst them Albert, Lita, Annie, Nick, Brian, Gilbert, Junior, Patrick, Frederick, Blandine and Fay, and all the others whose names I can't recall - but who all made is feel that we were part of their extended family. It was with a heavy heart we left Erakor, vowing that we will retun, soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, HotelsClick, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila