Our experience at Erakor is exactly as it should be for the price. I rarely stay in expensive accomodations, however as it was coming up to our two year anniversary and it was our first real trip together, we thought we would splurge!
The ferry to and from the resort is 24 hours and is free - the staff are amazingly friendly and helpful. One of the guys even took us out to have kava from a local nakamal. The snorkelling is pretty good - a lot of the coral is dead, but we found some pretty good patches. The equiptment (snorkelling gear, kayaks etc) were of good quality and were free for guests.
The rooms were exactly gorgeous - wooden floors, a day bed, clean, bright and airy - a big spa! Even a little porch to sit on, from which to watch the sunset. We stayed in a Waterfront Spa Villa which even had a little path leading into the water. Be careful though! It gets slippery!
Everything we ate there was excellent - including the free breakfast buffet.
If you have the money, definitely stay here for a few nights!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila