We stayed at Erakor for 3 nights. Rooms were beautiful with basic amenities (which is all you need). We stayed in room 18 and imagine our surprise when we opened the sliding door to the deck and the water is right outside! Each Villa had its own hammock which is great condition. At one stage I was on the hammock and about 20 people from the village across the water came over on a couple of kayaks, canoes and a boat to say hello to all the visitors.
The food was at a very high standard for Vanuatu and the Cocktails were delicious. There was a woman who appeared to run the restaurant. We didn't know her name, but we affectionately called her Aunty. She was one of the loveliest people you could meet. Always happy to have a laugh with you.
The staff were amazing and lovely to talk to. Henry was the person you talk to for tours and also for activities on the island. He is always happy to help and always smiling. I believe there was a child minding service in the evening so parents could have a few quiet cocktails.
They supplied kayaks and canoes that you can hire. The equipment was at a high standard (we had our own snorkel gear for the coral reefs around the island).
The ferry to the island was readily available and there was always a taxi waiting on the other side to take you where you need to go.
We had a 60min back massage included in our package and it was very nice.
Even though the weather wasn't the best for us, Erakor Resort was the best place to be. Watching the sunset while drinking cocktails at the restaurant (which overlooks the water) was a highlight.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila