We recently returned from our ' weddingmoon ' at Erakor and our first visit to Vanuatu. We found the resort very welcoming and the staff extremely helpful and friendly.
Upon arrival at the jetty we were treated like special guests. As soon as we touched foot on the island we were greeted by Chief Henry and shown to our welcoming drink and familiarization with Blanca. With my wife full of questions and keen to plan our wedding to a tee we were then greeted by Lita our wedding co-ordinator who was waiting for our arrival and just as keen as the missus. Thankyou Lita. With the wife occupied and our belongings already waiting in our room, I was then given our room key and headed off to find my duty free purchases which I was eager to consume.
We stayed in a deluxe spa cabin which was exceptional. I wanted the accomodation to be perfect for our special occasion and as soon as I walked in I just smiled. It was exactly want I needed. Then I walked out onto the back deck and smiled again. The view was amazing.
As the first couple days were dry we went on a couple tours. The ' round island tour ' was a great way to see Port Vila and a big thankyou to Carmos who showed us around the island and even took us to his village for a tradional lunch.
We did have some rainy days/nights during our week stay but were quite happy to just laze around and enjoy the atmosphere. On the day of our wedding we still had some light showers but were hopeful on marrying in the outdoor chapel. Lita and co set it up for us exactly as requested by the wife and readied a plan B for us just in case. Lita was also kind enough to organize another cabin on the island for me to get ready in as the wife was having her hair/makeup and dressing in ours. The rain stopped for about half an hour and our wedding went ahead on time and as planned. Her warrior escort was a grand enterance and made for awesome photos. Everything went without a hitch. An absolutely spectacular location to hold such a special moment. Our private dinner was back at the reception/restaurant area and gained another smile from us both. Our private area was set up exactly as the wife requested and more. We chose a seafood platter for our wedding meal and it was a feast. The night was ended with a private dance on the beach and returning to our villa which had the spa bath bubbling and filled with rose petals and petals scattered on the bed. Romantic indeed.
I would like to thank Lita for her efforts and her friendliness in providing us with a perfect wedding. Blanca for her smile and Esther the masseuse for making sure the wife was pampered and happy. Also Donny the ferryman for his local info and humour. We also had the pleasure of chatting over a couple of drinks with the managers ( Dave & Nola ) and found them to be most hospitable and willing to provide whatever was required to make our wedding & stay a memorable one. Michael our photographer was also very helpful and has impressed us with his photography of the occasion. Also a special mention to honeymooners Jodie & Bryce who joined us for dinner/ drinks and a wedding. As we eloped it was nice to have friends around us even though we had just met on the island.
Erakor island is private and well cared for. Our accomodation was mint and the staff like family. The restaurant has a great atmosphere and we enjoyed our dinners there but did get bored with breakfast quickly. Unfortunately due to weather we missed out on the fire dancers but found some another night in town. For a wedding location the place is perfect. A huge thankyou to all involved for making our wedding all that we wanted and more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Erakor Island Resort is a beautiful unspoiled island paradise, situated in crystal clear waters on its own private 16 acre island surrounded by white sandy beaches. All bungalows are waterfront with the lagoon just steps away from your private veranda. Enjoy the beauty of staying on a quiet tropical island with easy access to everything off the island, Erakor offers all the facilities of a major resort, but in a relaxed and secluded atmosphere. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Erakor Island Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Erakor Island Resort And Spa
- Erakor Island Hotel Port Vila
- Erakor Island Resort & Spa Vanuatu/Port Vila