Erakor Island Resort & Spa
Chantilly's on the Bay(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$161
Grand Hotel And Casino(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$154
US$128
Nasama Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$123
Agoda.com
Holiday Inn Resort Vanuatu(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$173
  • Beachfront
Mangoes Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$186
US$180
Hotels.com
  • Pool
The Melanesian Port Vila(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$124
US$79
US$60
  • Breakfast included
  • Pool
CoCo Beach Resort(Port Vila)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$298
US$283
  • Breakfast included
All reviewserakor islandfamily loftaqua restaurantblue beachchef's dinnerwedding plannermelanesian feastpizza nightspa roommovie nightblue housefishday tripromance packagemelanesian nightcrystal clear watera short ferry ride
Reviewed 3 June 2014

The room was pretty average... Tired, ants in the bathroom, a day bed but no chair in the room, comfortable bed, ....
The breakfast was quite poor.... Very little fruit, average coffee, slow toaster, slow & unenthusiastic service....
The restaurant food was mostly very good ... One steak was quite tough but the other was good, and the fish was excellent.

The weather was quite mixed... Lots of wind & quite cool, but no flies or mozzies!

The snorkelling & reef walking was very good. The tide goes out a long way & quite strongly so you have to be aware while snorkelling.

The staff were mostly friendly & happy to help you.

Room Tip: The rooms that face to the west have the best views & are more sheltered from the south easterly trade wind gales!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank john a
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We arranged for our wedding here in Oct 2013, weather was fantastic and staff were amazing. Lita helped me organize everything and the day was magical.
It was our second marriage so we only wanted to take us and our 3 teenage children to celebrate the wedding. (Had a massive engagement at home for everyone else!).
We stayed for 7 days, had beachfront villa was fantastic. The only downside was you got a bit sick of the same breaky each morning. Dinners we took ferry back to Port Villa and had wonderful different experiences. Not a cheap place to go but was well worth it. Will definitely return, maybe next time without the kids for some real romantic time!

Room Tip: Beach Front Villas facing the main land are not as windy as the other side of island.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2014

We went to Erakor Island Resort for our wedding when we were on a cruise. We went there for the day that we were in port and I can not say how much they went out of their way to make the day great. Our cruise ship changed the order of the ports at very short notice (we found out Thursday that we would be in Port Vila on Friday instead of the following Monday!). When i got hold of the lovely staff at Erakor I was told to just relax and they would work their magic. They worked their magic amazingly and we had an excellent day, we have had great comments from guests and every staff member that we came across was so lovely and just wanted us to have a good day. Thanks so much Erakor!!!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jamie T
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I have just left the lovely erakor island after a week staying in the big aqua blue house sharing with several other couples travelled here from Australia for our friends wedding which was held at erakor island. The wedding was absolutely perfect and pulled off without a hitch by the lovely lita and there wasn't a dry eye as the couple exchanged vows overlooking the lagoon,the reception was stunning and the food blew every bodies mind! My time at erakor was so relaxing and fun and I can put it all down to one thing, the staff are some of the most lovely genuine people I have met. If you are looking for something more personal than the usual resort and a TRUE getaway from the rat race look no further. I can truly say I will miss my daily chats with all the staff from the ferry operator to the bar staff you are all NAMBAWAN! Highlights aside from the wedding were relaxing massage and treatments with the lovely esther (with a bit if gossip included :) and the Melanesian feast with incredible fire dancing by vanuafire. Erakor is not the most polished and perfect resort but it really is a home away from home and there are plenty of laughs to be shared with the nivuan staff who are so helpful and easygoing. They get you into the swing of island time and teach you to relax! The seclusion of the ocean end of the island is fantastic but it is a bit of a walk to the restaurant reception area ( not an issue if you want a bit if light daily exercise like myself) special mention to Blanca who was praised by the entire group for her fun nature and resourceful and caring attitude. I will never forget my erakor week in paradise and will definitely be back again to see all my erakor friends!

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Casey N
Reviewed 23 May 2014

My partner and I were married at Erakor Resort in May. We stayed at the resort, along with a majority of our 30 guests for just over a week. Overall the Staff are very friendly and make the resort what it is. It's a small island and almost every room has beach views, there is some great snorkelling to be had! I've seen reviews on here lamenting the lack of swimming pool, honestly it's not needed - the main beach is great for swimming and there is plenty of water sports gear to borrow.

Wedding planners Natalie and Lita were just amazing. The day went off without a hitch and the food/music/decor/entertainment/cake was perfect. While we were there I think about 3 weddings took place. It looks like the weddings are set up in such a way to have minimal disturbance to the other guests, so you never really feel like you are on the edge of someone else's celebration.

There is one restaurant on the island and the food is lovely. Food and drinks priced similar to Australia but that's to be expected for the quality. I highly recommend the chef's dinner, only one booking per night served on the beach, 3 courses, champagne and cocktails. It compares with some of the top restaurants here in Melbourne.

We stayed in the beachfront deluxe spa villa and it was beautiful. I saw a few of the other rooms and all looked similarly renovated with great views. The only slight hic-up we had was with the flower decorations on the bed. While they looked lovely we found if we didn't take them off the bed straight away we would come back to a bed covered in ants! I guess that's just part of being on a tropical island .. but suggest you move any flowers outside just in case ;)

Room Tip: The WaterFront Family Loft Villas are closest to the main beach/swimming area. Those rooms plus the Beachfront Deluxe Spa Villas all have great snorkelling on the beach outside the rooms. The Lagoon Villas have great views and are a bit more windy, not that that is a bad thing on a hot day! I didn't see the inside of OceanFront Spa Villas but saw them on walks around the island. They are much more secluded, very pretty and a little bit of a walk back to the restaurant/beach/ferry.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family