My husband and I just returned from a week in villa. We stayed 3 nights at the Melanesian Resort. We booked an orchid room. When we arrived we were allocated an un-renovated orchid room. Upon request we were upgraded to a superior orchid room free of charge. The renovated rooms are beautiful, clean and well equipped. We had a nice view of the pool and the harbour from the room. breakfast was satisfactory, however we did not eat any other meals on site so I am unable to comment on the food. The tour desk was very helpful and assisted us to book into a few day tours. The Melanesian is very close to town making shopping, exploring and restaurants very accessible. Overall we were both pleasantly surprised with the Melanesian resort and it is very affordable. It was also good that most nights the resort has some sort of entertainment.
Tip: make sure you ask if your room is a renovated room. Also ask for a room that is on the wing closest to Asco motors, this wing outlooks the pool and a road, as opposed to the pool and local houses.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 10min walk from the heart of Port Vila town. Reasonable rates with quiet and comfortable atmosphere. A welcoming smile, friendly hospitality and good service are part of the culture at The Melanesian. Offering a number of guest room styles which satisfies everyone's needs. Our culture entertainment night with "All You Can Eat BBQ" at our Oasis Pool side is a must see! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your The Melanesian Port Vila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Melanesian Port Vila Hotel Port Vila
- Melanesian Port Vila
- Melanesian Hotel Port Vila
- The Melanesian Port Vila Vanuatu