Just stayed for 5 nights at this hotel. The hotel is a short walk to the town - about 400 metres to the main market so location is great.
The staff are very friendly and helpful.
We had breakfast included and it was very nice and plenty of choice. The breakfast was continental but included fried eggs. We also had lunch and dinner there on occasion - all great tasting and good serve size. The cultural night buffet was very nice.
Orchid rooms have been newly renovated and have a lovely clean fresh feel. Each room has a balcony where you can sit. Air con was good.
On a side note the hotel has towels for use at no charge so don't bother taking beach towels with you. Towels can be taken out with you when you go out for the day.
Lovely hotel - would definitely recommend.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 10min walk from the heart of Port Vila town. Reasonable rates with quiet and comfortable atmosphere. A welcoming smile, friendly hospitality and good service are part of the culture at The Melanesian. Offering a number of guest room styles which satisfies everyone's needs. Our culture entertainment night with "All You Can Eat BBQ" at our Oasis Pool side is a must see! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The Melanesian Port Vila reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Melanesian Port Vila Hotel Port Vila
- Melanesian Port Vila
- Melanesian Hotel Port Vila
- The Melanesian Port Vila Vanuatu