We stayed 5 nights in a studio unit based solely on good reviews from tripadvisor members, and we weren't disappointed. The resort is in a beautifully maintained garden setting with each studio well sited for privacy. The same attention to detail continues inside - everything you need to prepare a meal is at hand, the king size beds are very comfortable, and there's even decent pressure in the shower (this proved to be a bit of a problem elsewhere on Efate!)
There are several decent restaurants withing walking distance, but we found them to be somewhat overpriced and preferred buying beautiful steaks from the supermarket (a 5 minute, 150vt bus ride away) and cooking them on the guest BBQ back at Tradewinds. The staff are friendly and helpful, and Val the owner goes out of her way to make sure you're comfortable.
All in all, one of the best value places we have stayed in the Pacific. We hope to return one day!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serviced Air-conditioned Studio Bungalows Serviced 3 Bedroom Townhouse Serviced 2 Bedroom Apartment Experience the relaxed comfort of home while exploring the unique culture and beautiful lifestyle of Vanuatu. Overlooking the serene waters of Erakor Lagoon, Tradewinds Resort offers self-contained bungalows in the peace and quiet of the 'suburbs'. A 10 min walk will take you to the fresh fruit and vegetable markets in town, or a short stroll to the local restaurants when you feel like dining out. The air-conditioned bungalows also have ceiling fans and can be configured as twin share or double. The kitchenette is equipped with microwave, jug, toaster, and full-size refrigerator and includes crockery and cutlery and cooking utensils. For the family or small groups, the 3 bedroom Townhouse or 2 bedroom apartment overlooking Erakor Lagoon would be a great base for your Vanuatu adventure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick and Evoline ltd so you can book your Tradewinds Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tradewinds Hotel Port Vila
- Tradewinds Villas Vanuatu/Port Vila