After reading fantastic reviews only, we booked three nights at Vila Chaumieres for a stay in September. Our rooms were nice and clean, but if you're after al tropical lazy holiday, this is not the right place to stay. The small lagoon beach displayed on their website actually belongs to the neighbours (private) and not accessible by guests. There's a small but slightly grotty pool with a couple of chairs, so there isn't really a place to kick back and relax, which is what we were after. The lagoon isn't very inviting to swim in we thought.
The restaurant is very nice but expensive. Richard and his wife were very nice and friendly but we experienced other staff to be disinterested and sometimes a bit rude. Overall, the hotel is good value for money but probably better suited to those who want a base for island activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vila Chaumieres is a child-free Resort set in a lovely tropical garden on the banks of Erakor Lagoon. Renowned for its excellent restaurant, and situated just 4 km from the centre of Port Vila, it offers a peaceful retreat to the discerning traveller seeking an alternative to the large tourist resort, but still within easy reach of all facilities and holiday amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Vila Chaumieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Chaumieres Hotel Port Vila
- Vila Chaumieres Port
- Vila Chaumieres Vanuatu/Port Vila