What a wonderful place for a gel-out holiday. After 9 weeks touring around Europe (He) decided to take me to Vanuatu for my birthday and we chose Vila Chaumieres as the one. The resort consists of bungalows set in beautiful gardens. The owners Ursula and Richard were really nice and very hospitable, nothing was too much trouble for them. The staff were equally attentive - Elece in the front and also Alick who was the restaurant host. Food was exceptional as was the wine list. We were fairly late getting down to breakfast every morning but no worries - the tropical breakfast with fruit and croissants/toast were great and included in the price. We hope of course to return, but in the meantime will recommend to friends and relatives. The coconut crab is the signature of Samson the chef - fantastic - huge - a definite share.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vila Chaumieres is a child-free Resort set in a lovely tropical garden on the banks of Erakor Lagoon. Renowned for its excellent restaurant, and situated just 4 km from the centre of Port Vila, it offers a peaceful retreat to the discerning traveller seeking an alternative to the large tourist resort, but still within easy reach of all facilities and holiday amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Vila Chaumieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Chaumieres Hotel Port Vila
- Vila Chaumieres Port
- Vila Chaumieres Vanuatu/Port Vila