Vila Chaumieres is the most romantic of restaurants in a quiet and simply stunning location. I have been there on two different trips to Vanuatu and both times the experience was magical and memorable. Located on the edge of Erakor Lagoon the restaurant is a simple fare like structure on the very edge of the lagoon. The water is lit to attract fish and crabs which makes for free entertainment as you enjoy your meal. The palm trees across the narrow lagoon are also lit and look romantic and ghostly. The food is top notch and the service excellent. The new owner is a friendly and hospitable man who made us feel welcome and as if were eating in his own home. On the first occasion I dined there large white blossoms floated past us every now in and then, as if someone was upstream dropping them in the water just for us...it was so romantic it nearly brought tears to my eyes. I will never go back to Vanuatu without enjoying an evening at Vila Chaumieres...a real highlight!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vila Chaumieres is a child-free Resort set in a lovely tropical garden on the banks of Erakor Lagoon. Renowned for its excellent restaurant, and situated just 4 km from the centre of Port Vila, it offers a peaceful retreat to the discerning traveller seeking an alternative to the large tourist resort, but still within easy reach of all facilities and holiday amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Vila Chaumieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Chaumieres Hotel Port Vila
- Vila Chaumieres Port
- Vila Chaumieres Vanuatu/Port Vila