A small boutique type resort with 6 separate bungalows, each with there own ensuite and air con and tasteful decor. The complimentary breakfast was lovely with a cooked breakfast available if you want more.
Each bungalow is separated by a path which is completely surrounded by lush tropical gardens which are just gorgeous and attended to daily by Ian and Jeff.
The onsite restaurant is amazing.
All the staff are very friendly and warm.
The location is very convenient and short bus ride to town.
The owners are onsite and always available to provide suggestions for tours and activities.
The bar area looks out onto the lagoon and just perfect for afternoon drinks and pate :}
Do yourself a favour and try this place.
The only thing I missed was a TV and phone but I think this says more about me than the resort. Mind you from what I saw no TV and phone seems typical of other resorts in Vanuatu.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Vila Chaumieres is a child-free Resort set in a lovely tropical garden on the banks of Erakor Lagoon. Renowned for its excellent restaurant, and situated just 4 km from the centre of Port Vila, it offers a peaceful retreat to the discerning traveller seeking an alternative to the large tourist resort, but still within easy reach of all facilities and holiday amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Vila Chaumieres reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Vila Chaumieres Hotel Port Vila
- Vila Chaumieres Port
- Vila Chaumieres Vanuatu/Port Vila