“Excellent food!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 4 February 2014

We enjoyed our meals at Spice. It is hard to find a good restaurant in Vanuatu but this one was excellent. I especially love the vegatable korma with coconut rice. The place is very clean and tidy.

There are newer reviews for Spice Indian Restaurant

Reviewed 2 February 2014

The food was amazing,the day I went some big Indian guy with the countrys deputy Prime minister were due to come so I am sure the place definitely has a good rep.I have travelled to Indian many times and the food was as good as it is in Delhi or for that matter how authentic Indian food should be.

1  Thank Jenny A
Reviewed 14 January 2014

Our party of 4 visited Spice on 6th January for dinner, and was very good. I see what others have said about the place, but generally we were happy with the food and service. I had the butter chicken and thought it was better than most places in Brisbane where we are from. A little expensive, but worth a visit the next time we are back in Port Vila.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We live in Port Vila and try a new restaurant when we can. Spice is definately off our list. We were in a group of 8. Two of us ordered butter chicken. We were the only patrons and the food took one hour to arrive at our table. The butter chicken consisted of 4 pieces of chicken swimming in a watery gravy. We both tried it and could not eat it. We sent it back but nothing was said by the staff. The others were not happy with their food either but ate because it was late and they were hungry. When we went to pay the bill my friend and i said we were not paying for our two meals as we had not eaten the food and had sent it back. We paid for the rice and the bread. The staff became very upset and said if we didnt pay the owner would take the money out of their wages. When i asked to speak to the owner they said they had both gone home. The staff were scared to contact the owners but when i insisted they finally called but he refused to speak to me. I finally spoke to him after several calls. I explained to him that the food wasnt good, we hadnt eaten it and would not be paying for it and i i did not expect the money to be taken out of the staff salaries as it wasnt their fault as they werent the chefs. The owners wife was. He then proceeded to scream at me over the phone, Called me liar and said that as i had put rice into the chicken i had ruined it and must pay. I kept politely refusing. Finally he said he would call the police to which i said i would welcome that and would wait for them outside. Of course the police did not arrive so i left the staff my business card and asked the staff to ring me if there were any repercussions for them and i would help them. Several days later i received a long email from the owners refuting my story and insisting i pay the money. I havent and it has been several weeks and i wont. The food was appalling, the staff put in a terrible positon and were obviously frightened. They also told me that this had happenned before and they had been made to pay. They had many many complaints from customers. So people do not support this business. These people should not be allowed to treat people this way, either staff or customers.

2  Thank Karen R
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

Went here with a large group & they managed very well. As far as Indian goes it was okay. Nothing great. We had a big variety of dishes & all seemed to have way too much sauce & perhaps not enough meat or vegetable. I felt it was pricey even for Vanuatu standards