“Beautiful location”

The Terraces Boutique Apartments
Ranked #18 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I have stayed at a number of places in Port Vila and this is my favourite. There are only twelve or so units but it benefits from Mangos resort next door which is managed by the same New Zealand team. The apartments themselves are beautifully furnished. Huge, comfortable beds… Bali style bathroom and full kitchen although food from nearby Mangos is available on a charge back basis. The view is quite stunning. Small gym, tennis court and lovely infinity pool.

It’s a short walk into town but taxis are easily available or buses go past the resort frequently.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank culturallattice

Reviewed 30 June 2014

Even though the weather wasn't the greatest (was raining and town was flooded so we couldn't use the road on arrival!!) our apartment made up for it. We asked for ice to be in our freezer on arrival (for our drinks of course!) and there was a huge bag in our freezer. awesome!
Very tasteful decor, amazing bath (water came out of the roof!), massive shower, bigger than Texas sized bed with balcony and views, huge couch, great little kitchen and 6 seater dining table - private deck pool was the icing on the cake although it was freezing and we only got the sun in the morning, it was such a massive treat to walk two steps out the door into your own pool! Also a big infinity shared pool with an amazing view.
Well worth the $$ spent as wasn't the cheapest in Port Vila but looking around town, I am VERY glad we chose The Terraces, although Mangoes looked like great accomodation as well.
The food that came from Mangoes was top quality and breakfast was included so we'd either wander down to Mangoes in the morning (like a 1 minute walk downhill) or the restaurant would deliver - also room service all day - also such a treat!
Only down fall was information, there were DVDs & books available to take back to your room at reception at Mangoes (found this out a few days in - was good as it was still raining!) Map to town a bit vague but once we got going all good and not far, but not close enough to go anywhere else for dinner...everything seemed far away & I missed been close to a nice beach.
Not sure if I'd rush back to Vanuatu but if I did, I would certainly stay at The Terraces again - go on - treat yourself to a romantic getaway!

Room Tip: pay the extra for a plunge pool - well worth it if you love the water
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Before I booked I called the hotel directly and asked if they had a plungs pool with the studios. they said yes. They didnt when I arrived and couldnt upgrade to being sold out. I arranged a shuttle from the airport to the hotel. We were alomoat the last passengers to leave the airport, because the deliver to so many hotels. A taxi would have been a better and cheaper option. I was dropped off and there were no staff at the hotel. I walked to the pool, chcked out the gym, and the tennis court and then went back to reception to find a cleaner who finally called someone. It turns out the hotel is managd by the Mangoes Hotel next door. I had to wait 20 mins to get checked in to a room that is nicey furnished but poorly soud proofed. I had two couples next to me. The first blasted rap music, and the second , a husband speaking louldy to his wife told her to keep shut about whatever she broke. nd I heard this over the TV. Upon arrival I wsa given a map to walk to town. The directions are terrible. There are nl street names, just lines and dots on a piece of paper. It took me over 2 hours to fid town, nd after an hour o walking back, i had to get a bus. The wifi is next to non existent. And despite they're info book there are no routers in the units. I had to buy a local wifi connection. Also no food is served here. You have to go next door to Mangoes, where by comparison everything is great. Dont book at Terraces, if you want this area go to Mangoes, but if you want to go to town, dont walk. I'm young enough to dealwith being lost, but I was exhausted by the end of wht should have been 20 mins, according to them them.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
10  Thank Mark D
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The Terraces are run by a New Zealander who also runs the neighbouring accommodation - Mangoes.
It is a boutique apartment-style accommodation with all rooms overlooking a lagoon (and the Holiday Inn far below). The room we stayed in (316) was single level (I note most of them are 2-story) and did not have a bath. However it was next to a wonderful infinity pool. Food was supplied by the Mangoes resort and most items on the breakfast menu were included. A free room service is available.
A tour guide was available every morning at breakfast to book any and all Vanuatu excursions if you wished.

PLUS - Beautiful apartments for a reasonable price. Tennis court and a lovely pool with killer views. No small children. Mangoes restaurant has very good food however as with any Vanuatu restaurant ensure you are getting the correct order. Ours had omissions or extra charges in almost every meal.

MINUS - Thin walls between apartments. We could hear normal conversation and the TV from the neighbours. Poor wifi reception (however if it cuts out you can request a router in your room). Loud music comes up the hill from the Holiday inn fire dancing and kava nights on thursday and friday however we did enjoy the music so wasn't a big problem for us.

I would still recommend the Terraces if wishing for a relaxing time away without wishing to do many activities.

Room Tip: 316 is next to the pool with neighbours on one side only.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bandageman
Reviewed 20 May 2014

The Terraces is a new high quality apartment style accommodation overlooking first lagoon in Port Vila. Only a 10 min walk into Vila. Excellent restaurant Mangoes next door that supplies breakfast (ours was included) and excellent quality A La Carte dining. Facilities including infinity pool with great views and a gym and tennis court lend themselves to a resort style holiday. If you want to get out a tour desk is available.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dallad
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Very nice rooms and view. Beautiful swimming pool. Good tropical breakfast but not a buffet.mango restaurant was awesome and good price.
However the wi fi wasnt working all the time, they told us it was because someone else was using the internet but that isnt a good reason ! A bit disappointed by the tour suggested
Not a lot of privacy as there always was some gardener just outside our bathroom window (that doesn t actually close completely) !
Overall, a nice place but just for a short stay as it is in the middle of nowhere

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Sofia P
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

We had a fantastic stay in April. The apartment was new and clean with a comfy couch and amazing bed. I loved the pool on the balcony and the view was beautiful. The huge bath was really cool too. The grounds are well kept with so many flowers. The infinity pool is just incredible. Note you can hear the music from the holiday inn Thursday and Friday nights. I didn't mind but travellers should know it does get pretty loud. I'd stay at the terraces again if I went back to Vanuatu. The food was nice and the staff are very friendly and happy. We had a really relaxing holiday.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple