“Nice meal but a little over priced” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Restaurant le Jardin des Saveurs - CLOSED

Restaurant le Jardin des Saveurs
Price range: US$9 - US$31
Good for: View, Bar Scene, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The quality table of the French Chef,Francis MOUROUX, will seduce you with its specialties by offering fresh local products : Lobster, Flyerfox, Snails of Santo Island, Local Pigeon,River prawns, with a french delicate Touch ...
Melbourne, Australia
“Nice meal but a little over priced”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Its hard to get a decent meal in Port Vila and most of the restaurants are expensive, as was this one. Of our two lobsters for main, the grilled was way overcooked, but the Thermadore was well done. The service was attentive and the french wines were great. Its a nice Port Vila meal but don't expect change from A$300 for 2 people having three courses and wine.

Visited May 2014

Brisbane, Australia
“cullinary jewel - Exceptional dining, world standard service.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Without a doubt this is the best restaurant in Vanuatu. We were treated to local produce served in a authentic French style, with ambiance and style. I have genuinely spent quality time in France - it was the food that took me there; I have also owned restaurants (so I know and understand the reality, effort and passion - is what drives a good restaurant) and I write about food.

If you want a fabulous French meal, with the best trained local serving and hospitality staff in all of Vanuatu, where the staff treat you as a VIP. The food is treated with respect. It is fresh, it is superbly presented and delivers the one thing money cant buy - is the obvious love and "self" that chief invests into each and every plate.

It is obvious in bucket loads that Le Jardin des Saveurs Restaurant strive to live up to expectations - they do whatever they need to - to serve you exceptional food and with world standard service to all their patrons.

My take on their vision is to serve fresh local and indigenous products with an authentic French twist . .

broaden you horizons and just go to Le Jardin des Saveurs

PS : You are doing a great job with your service staff, you should be commended on this alone. well done.

Merci beaucoup!

ON TWITTER ? - follow me :) @foodilicious

• Visited January 2014
“Best in Vanuatu”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

On day 5 of our 7 day trip we were becoming increasingly disappointed at meal times - the food in Vanuatu just isn't very good. However, I had seen this restaurant every day driving to and from Port Vila and I thought it looked good - the most 'restauranty' place I'd seen in Vanuatu, so we made a booking and went and I'm VERY glad we did.
We arrived and walked in and the first thing I noted was the ambiance and cleanliness - shining white and black floor tiles, gleaming glassware and waitresses dressed in traditional maid outfits that made you feel like you'd just stepped into the 1940s.
We sat down and were promptly served, and ordered a French Onion Soup between two, the Honey Sesame Duck Breast for my partner, the Duck L'Orange for me, and a Chocolate Souffle and a Thin Apple Tart for dessert.
One small disappointing part was we were going to get the Lemon Butter Lobster but they had run out, however they informed us of this promptly on arrival, so it wasn't a disappointment after we had ordered.
All of the courses arrived promptly and were served with fresh, hot bread and butter, which was delicious. The Duck L'Orange in particular was fantastic.
The one disappointing part was that we had to ask for the bill three times and after 20 minutes we realised that only one woman was doing the billing, and some tables were coming up to the desk to get the bill, and she was giving them priority in settling the bill. So we went up and were served promptly, but that was the slightly disappointing element - which was unfortunate since it came right at the end so was really stark in our minds as we left.
However, the food was spectacular. Best in Vanuatu by far, and even tops a few Australian places.

• Visited May 2014
Ipswich, United Kingdom
“Great Food BUT Tourists Get Ripped Off”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

I seldom write bad reviews but after our experience feel visitors to this restaurant need to be warned about their practice of serving visitors small size lobster while serving locals the giant lobster - and all for the same price.

We ate here twice and both times the food and service were outstanding.

The first time we booked there we took local friends with us and were delighted by the size of the lobsters served to us.

The second time just our family went, ordered the same lobster and got lobster smaller than you'd buy at the supermarket.

The restaurant's lobster are caught locally and size will differ so no problem I thought till I noticed that every table with locals were been served the big lobster and the tables with visitors were been served the small lobster.

The food is superb and the service is excellent so please do support them and treat yourself a great meal but if you are ordering lobster ask to first see the lobster they will serve you before you order.

• Visited April 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Deepseadreamer, Gérant at Restaurant le Jardin des Saveurs, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
In response to your review which I am very sad that you would give us such a low rating, based on such a simple situation, but unfortunately it’s like that “First come ! first served…” and you where the last customers to enjoyed our fresh lobsters of the day and not giving the bigger one to the locals only and insulting us that I'm "ripped off the tourists"!!!
In my kitchen, I don't know who is serving and everybody get the same regarding my stock of course!

Anyway, thanks for telling people who read your review to “support us and treat yourself a great meal”

Executive Chef/Manager Francis.M
Port Vila, Vanuatu
“Just sit down and enjoy”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Best restaurant in Vila. Far for any other. A real chief and real service with very affordable prices. Thanks to the full team.

Visited May 2014