Re: Accommodation Ocean View Apartments, 1 Superior Studio
Rue Renee Pujol, Port Vila, Vanuatu
Check in Date: 28 April 2014, Check Out Date: 07 May 2014 (9x Nights, 2x Adults)
Confirmed Venere.com Reservation Number: 8045641681162
The following describes the initial defects of the room.
• No satellite TV, (only one channel was working).
• The room safe was small and was partially dislodged from the wall.
• The screen on the balcony was dislodged leaning against the wall.
• The balcony door lock was broken and showed evidence of force.
• Cutlery was minimal with two of each, cups, glasses, plates and bowls (we only had one fork)
• There were no matches to light the stove.
• There were no security grilles on the front windows (all other apartments did have security grilles)
• There was no toilet paper and no towels.
• Washing machine was broken.
• Rooms are unserviced.
• Breakfast consist of a few pieces of fruit, jam and bread, if you are lucky to get it.
• The office houses three businesses and is only open Monday to Friday 0830-1600.
• There was a rusted hoist next to the empty swimming pool.
On the first day there was no hot water in our unit and we had to wait until the next day for the office to be opened and the hot water unit repaired.
• Wednesday 30th April, we lost electrical power to the unit and had to suspend breakfast until it was restored. The same day we had no towels or toilet paper.
• Thursday 1st May, it was a public holiday so there was no one in the office and we received no breakfast. We lost electrical power and after some frantic searching we located the fuse box and was able to restore the electricity to our unit.
• Friday 2nd May, we requested our room to be cleaned as this had not occurred since we first moved in. Our breakfast this day supplied by the office was 2 apples and 2 oranges.
• Saturday 3rd May, we had another electrical power outage and had no toilet paper
• Monday 5th May, we had to ask to have our room cleaned and we did not receive any breakfast on this day.
• Tuesday 6th May, Air Vanuatu rang OceanView to inform them that our flights had been changed. No one in the office passed this message onto us.
• Wednesday 7th May, our last day and we did not receive any breakfast. Our room had been serviced only twice during a 9 night stay.
We paid the cost of $AUD 1,344.01 for 9 nights, which is equivalent to $AUD 149.33 per night
Permanent tenants occupy most of the apartments and pay $AUD 1,467.01 per month, which is equivalent to $AUD 48.90 per night. $AUD 100 less than we had paid per night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Comfortable, modern and affordable apartments, in the heart of Port Vila. All 23 apartments have stunning views over Port Vila Bay and air condition on request. Ideally located for business - holiday travellers alike, Ocean View Apartments are easy walking distance to Port Vila CBD. They are fully self contained and have 24 hour security on site. Ocean View features Studios and 1- or 2-Bedroom apartments. The ground floor apartments have their own private garden.The Lookout Restaurant serves breakfast lunch and dinner.The pool is situated between the restaurant and the building ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and Booking.com so you can book your Ocean View Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ocean View Apartments Vanuatu/Port Vila