“Paradise.......”

Ranked #21 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Sydney, Australia
“Paradise.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I stayed at CoCo Beach late July - early August and had the great privilege and honour of being one of their first guests.

This place is truly breathtaking! My bungalow was right on the beach and waking up each morning to hear the sounds of the ocean was really relaxing; as was sitting on the beach reading my book in what I can only describe to be fantastic weather and an amazing setting of beach, sand and ocean..........The bungalows are well appointed and have been tastefully decorated. The coral feature wall in the bathroom just adds to the quality of the rooms. The tropical surrounds of the resort made me feel as if I was in the middle of nature!

I remember waking up on one day just before dawn and sitting on the beach and watching the full moon set over the horizon to the west and then watching the sun rise in the east. Absolutely breathtaking!!!!........

Location wise the resort is circa 15 minutes out of town. Taking the water taxi direct from the resort to the town I found was a quick and very scenic way to travel around ....I only hope that on a future trip I have the opportunity to see Vila via a sunset - night boat cruise. I reckon that would be kinda special...... I understand cruises are now being offered by Steve and his boat team from CoCo Beach.

Gerry (resort manager) and her team went out of their way to make sure that I was well looked after; to the point were on the day I left to travel home I forgot something and Gerry came to the airport to give it to me. Now in my book, that is service above and beyond!!!

The food at the restaurant was exceptional! The lobster dish is just stunning and there is only one word to sum it up: YUM!!!!!!! The outlook at the restaurant (being on the waters edge) was stunning and the water was crystal blue. Ask Gerry or the chef for some bread to feed the schools of fish which hang around (particularly at night)!

Gerry and the team can assist with organising day tours around Vila and the island or with visiting the local village at Pango. There is a market at Pango - I think it's every Friday - with locals selling arts and crafts and island clothing etc.

Unfortunately I was involved in an accident in town at Vila. It left me shaken up and in quite a bit of pain and delayed my departure home. The team at CoCo - and in particular the owners Cal, Jorg and Martina and Gerry as the manager were all amazing! Cal in particular went out of his way to take me to the doctor (which Martina had arranged) and then took me to get x-rays and also medication. Balanced against his already busy schedule I was (and still am) extremely grateful. It's another example of service going above and beyond!!!!!

I spent time in Vanuatu earlier this year and have some fond memories of that first trip. With my second trip I have walked away with a new set of memories........I do look forward to returning again sometime in the new year......I have the absolute pleasure in recommending this new resort.....it's paradise!

Room Tip: The beach front bungalows are amazing....
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Port Vila
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

We went to this wonderful boutique resort to celebrate a friends birthday. From the moment we arrived we were made to feel special. Our beachfront bungalow, costs a little bit more but well worth it for the view, was delightful. My daughter loved the canopy bed. The rooms are not very big but there is everything you need, A mini fridge, tea and coffee making facilities and the most beautiful bathroom I and my family have ever seen. Its like walking into your own coral aquarium. There are shells and coral everywhere, The great shower head is very classy!! We ate at the restaurant all our meals, as once you get there you pretty much are on Robinson Crusoe getaway. The food was very good, but not excellent, but I'm sure that it will improve. The staff are lovely if a little forgetful at times. Island Time baby!!!!! But overall it was a great stay and we would love to go back someday.

Stayed September 2013
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I just stayed at Coco Beach for 3 days and, having been all over the world, I must say that this was a special and memorable stay. The resort has a unique water taxi service from downtown to their fabulous location on Pango peninsula. The water taxi ride was 20 minutes from town on a luxurious pontoon boat imported from the USA. The trip itself was dramatic, affording spectacular views of the harbour and nearby islands. Once at the resort you are greeted by a cheerful and professional staff with a top restaurant and bar - try the Mojitos and Lamb Shank. I also had several grilled Poulet fish meals and, they did not overcook the fish, sometimes a problem in the islands. Often there was a gathering at the wharf where the pontoon boats come in, as guests of the resort and visitors from other hotels as well as residents enjoyed cocktails and the magnificent sunsets. A channel has been created in the reef which allows the boats to come right up to the restaurant and allows you to swim both near the shore and out into the bay for fabulous snorkeling. Maybe you think I am exaggerating, but this spot is a MUST VISIT, even if you are staying at another hotel. Nothing else like it in Port Vila and the hosts Calvin, Joerg, Gerry are sure to impress with their hospitality and local knowledge. All in all, a great place to stay, great place to eat or just have a quiet drink in a romantic setting you will never forget. 5 STARS.

Room Tip: beach front rooms blow you away!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Palm Beach, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

Have just returned from a wonderful holiday staying at beautiful Coco Beach. This is a new resort so was unsure what to expect but it exceeded all expectations. Island-style individual bungalows are nestled amongst the tropical gardens and we were lucky enough to stay ocean front - beautifully appointed (with a great rock-wall bathroom!) with our own verandah looking out to the ocean. I couldn't wipe the smile off my face- such a beautiful setting! Water clean, crystal clear and incredibly blue- swam, canoed, snorkelled the reef straight off from the beach in front of our bungalow- just fantastic! Great, great food that you can as room service or at the open air restaurant perched over the water. We seriously loved every meal we ate with the manager Gerry giving us such personal attention and making us feel so welcomed. On our last night we were treated to the incredible sight of a cruise ship leaving Port Villa and passing right by Coco Beach. All lit up with hundreds of fairy lights it was so beautiful as it sailed out at sunset. We come for a Vanuatu holiday annually and have finally found our slice of paradise at Coco Beach! Can't wait to return!

Room Tip: All bungalows the same size - we had hot weather but didn't need to use AC. Ceiling fan and ge...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends