Stayed there 5 nights with husband and out of the three places we stayed (Hideaway and Le lagon) this was our absolute favourite.
At first I thought it might be a little far away from things but Port Vila town centre, ain't that great and the local buses are fantastic so that was no problem at all. There are also restaurants and a shop close by if you do need anything.
We arrived late (flight delayed) to a cool drink and a warm welcome. Our room was fabulous, 2nd floor overlooking the fish in the lagoon. Sheets slightly threadbare but hey everything was CLEAN and lovely decor.
Breakfasts were massive, could not finish and plenty of variety, food overall there is great. Husband is 6ft 4 and can eat his body weight and even he was full. After having the big brekkie buffet at Le Lagon (which was pretty awful) missed those omelettes.
As for the staff, all I can say is 'wonderful' ask them anything. Their staff are their biggest asset especially Annie... TRUST HER ;) She gives you a list of recommended restaurants, tours and instructions on how to get around, best places to change money and buy duty free etc. (Avoid taxis, the buses are great and you sometimes get a meandering look at places you would never have visited.)
All the places recommended by Annie were fantastic and we were so grateful for her assistance.
I'm not going to go into great detail about what to do and where to go as others have already done this but we did like Chill and Nambawan. Some expats there we met recommended the little pizza cart near the Iririki ferry as the best pizza in Port Vila and Kanpai for fab Japanese.
Pool was lovely, no kids a bonus (didn't realise this until stayed at Le Lagon) traffic noise? didn't hear any unless we were in the pool. I can honestly say that I haven't had such a relaxing holiday in years thanks to the fabulous surroundings and the wonderful staff.
Really if you are having a whinge about this place then I'd love to know where you like to stay as it doesn't get much better.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled quietly on the waters edge within a tropical setting and fantastic views across Emten Lagoon. Luxurious surrounds includes a swimming pool with waterfall, over-water restaurant and bar. Sunset Bungalows Resort is a peaceful tropical escape with its relaxing adults only status, ideal for honeymooners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Booking.com, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sunset Bungalows Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sunset Bungalows Hotel Port Vila
- Sunset Hotel Port Vila
- Sunset Resort Port Vila
- Sunset Bungalows Vanuatu
- Sunset Bungalows Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila