Vanuatu in general is very expensive so all the reviews that complain about the prices of things and the quality-remenber you are in a developing country and prices are comparable to Australia. If you wanted cheap, go to Fiji.
My Fiancee and I stayed here in the first week of January and found it both a little disappointing but nice as well. The rooms are small but honestly how much time do you actually spend in there? There is way too much to do to just hang out in the room. The rooms were clean, well kept, facilities ok. Our only gripe was that we should have asked for a room on the upper floors as our 'balcony' practically didn't exist.
The food is excellent and compared to other hotels (we were in Vanuatu for 17 days and stayed at several places) it is fresh and well priced. If you want cheap, walk the 5 minutes down to Vila and eat at the Takeaways.
The pool is good and the staff quite helpful although you really need to be patient and not expect the toe kissing, grovelling you will get in Australia, the staff mean well but you are definitely on Island time here.
We did have a large amount of power outages while there but in the scheme of things we just used a torch and it only affected the accommodation not the bar or restaurant.
Yes there is a prison down the road but unless you plan on checking in, there is no bother from it and it is almost 300m away.
Overall we enjoyed staying here and would most likely stay again. Mainly because of how close it is to everything without being in the middle of the noisy city centre.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Award Wining, Coconut Palms Resort we pride ourselves as "Your Vanuatu Friend" where our happy staff will do everything possible to ensure that you: Stay, Relax & Enjoy all that the resort and beautiful Vanuatu has to offer. We are governed by our mission: "To be the best value resort in Vanuatu where service is not compromised and happy memories are guaranteed." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Coconut Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Palms Hotel Port Vila
- Coconut Palms Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila