Stayed at Coconut Palms 6 times now & about to stay again in a few weeks for my 7th stay. Its a small resort where my expectations meet cost. As you can see from the price, its good value when your expectations meet the lifestyle of the Vanuatu. You can pay $250+ a night in Vila for a room & honestly still hit the exact same issues some people speak of. Be flexable. If your favourite beer isnt available then let it go & drink local tuska beer, if fish isnt on the menu one night then try something else. I have stayed there over 60 nights in total & always had hot water in my room. The staff are quiet,honest & very friendly so offer that back to them. My expectations for what i pay is an air conditioned room,clean sheets daily & a nice clean pool & friendly staff. Coconut has these and if you read the room description of which you are booking, you cant go wrong for the money. Ive tried several other places from a good deal dearer to half the price but i keep going back to Coconut.
The position is also what i love with Coconut. I like being away from the main traffic area with a shop next door for a soft drink or snack and also in the middle of normal Port Vila everyday life so its easy to go for a 2 min walk to a real nakamal to drink some kava. A bus would pass the front of the place every min or 2 to get you around or its a 5-10 min walk down to the town centre. I would love to see faster internet however dead slow internet is endemic everywhere across the island & i believe an optical fibre is not far away from Port Vila, i hope the resort jumps onto a faster service if it become available.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Award Wining, Coconut Palms Resort we pride ourselves as "Your Vanuatu Friend" where our happy staff will do everything possible to ensure that you: Stay, Relax & Enjoy all that the resort and beautiful Vanuatu has to offer. We are governed by our mission: "To be the best value resort in Vanuatu where service is not compromised and happy memories are guaranteed." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, LateRooms, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Coconut Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Palms Hotel Port Vila
- Coconut Palms Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila