When we arrived the receptionist was so good to us we had to be in heaven. We got taken to our room and found it was that small you couldn't swing a cat in there. To keep the room cool, there was a desk fan fixed to the wall. At this point we found out that we had to share a toilet with our neighbours.We had our own shower but the room was shaped like a triangle and limited for space. That night we went to use the shower and there was no hot water. We complained at reception and were told the hot water had been out for the last three days and it would be fixed in the morning. In the meantime, we were told to use the shower of a vacant room. So the next day we went to the receptionist and asked for an upgrade, she was very hesitant and from that day made us feel very unwelcome. I argued the point and the manager stepped in and gave us the room. All good until we had the 50 odd (shaolin kung-fu monks) stay at the resort, they wernt to bad until they came back every morning at about 12.30 - 1.00 am and jumped in the pool making lots of noise. Everyone in the resort complained but the resort manager (Joe) did nothing. the next morning the same thing happened and then they were slamming doors shut. That morning a few of us were having a couple of drinks, they started of doing the same thing so we asked the security guard to ask them to stop. Because a lot of people just had enough. The morning we woke up they had been smoking in the toilets and urinated all over the bowl and floor. By this stage i had enough my self and complained to Joe, all he said was sorry, sorry and done nothing about it. The second last day we were there we had to pay for a bill, we had a closer look at it and we were getting charged for items we had prepaid for in Melbourne. The recptionest wouldn't take no for an answer. We went down to the bank to take money out, came back and found more wrong with the bill. As i started to rip in to her the owner ran around the corner and asked what the matter was, so i finished ripping into him and told him of the problems we had. And Joe didn't say a thing about what happened to the owner so he didn't know anything about what happened till we're about to leave. The owner upgraded our room to the apartment and asked if we could stay longer free of charge and also waved the bill. The rest of the island was fantastic and people there were very friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Award Wining, Coconut Palms Resort we pride ourselves as "Your Vanuatu Friend" where our happy staff will do everything possible to ensure that you: Stay, Relax & Enjoy all that the resort and beautiful Vanuatu has to offer. We are governed by our mission: "To be the best value resort in Vanuatu where service is not compromised and happy memories are guaranteed." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, LateRooms, Ebookers, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Coconut Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Palms Hotel Port Vila
- Coconut Palms Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila