My partner and I booked Coconut Palms due to the price we found online as it was the only hotel we found not to be "too budget" and not "too leisure" for the price.
We were in Vanuatu for 2 weeks total but checked out/in of the Coconut Palms 3 times when we returned to Port Vila from our overnight stays in different Islands. Each time was a different experience since we stayed in 3 different types of rooms. Although each experience varied from good to bad.....we kept coming back so that should say something of how much we enjoyed this hotel.
1st room (Hibiscus) (1 double bed) - Simple, clean, on the 3rd floor w/a balcony overlooking the hotel pool. Shared shower and toilet w/1 other room. No closet so your belongings will be on the tile floor. Noise = poolside drinking @ night, neighboring dogs barking in the morning.
2nd room (Clover) (1 double bed & single bed attached on top as bunk bed) - Small, NOT clean, on 2nd floor w/a window looking out to passage way. Noise = foot traffic, laundry room traffic. After we settled in, we discovered that there were small bugs crawling on the top bunk bed (bed bugs?). We immediately notified reception & w/no questions asked were handed a new room key to the same type of room but on the 1st floor. No bug problems there.
3rd room (Superior Orchid) (1 double bed) - clean, air condition, private huge bathroom, tv, refrigerator, coffee bar, on 3rd floor overlooking roof of hotel. We treated ourselves to this room since it was our last night and had returned from staying in rural villages for 1week. Noise = barking dogs in the morning.
PROS: Lovely staff, Great food, Internet (free w/purchase of beverage), bar, great pool, pool table, great price (especially if you are a return customer like us...we were given discounted rates each time we returned)
CONS: neighboring dogs barking, cleaniness of 1 room, washer/dryers are finicky & expensive to use since tokens are needed for each cycle, 15 minute walk into town down steep steps.
1. From airport - Take a mini-bus (instead of taxi) from domestic terminal. Taxis can cost from 600VT when a mini-bus will only cost 200VT/per person.
2. Walking from hotel into town - Take the short-cut walking down the cement steps. Ask reception.
3. Transportation from hotel into town - Take mini-bus for 150VT/per person. Mini-buses are always driving past.
4. Try the chinese food restaurant located on the same block of hotel (by gas station). We ate there 3 times!
5. Take ear plugs if the barking dogs will bother you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Award Wining, Coconut Palms Resort we pride ourselves as "Your Vanuatu Friend" where our happy staff will do everything possible to ensure that you: Stay, Relax & Enjoy all that the resort and beautiful Vanuatu has to offer. We are governed by our mission: "To be the best value resort in Vanuatu where service is not compromised and happy memories are guaranteed." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Coconut Palms Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Coconut Palms Hotel Port Vila
- Coconut Palms Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila