“Great to come "Home" after a day of doing business”

Coconut Palms Resort
Ranked #31 of 47 Hotels in Port Vila
Reviewed 9 December 2010

I am a businessman who combines holiday destinations with corporate travel objectives. I had the opportunity of staying at the above hotel recently which covers the whole gambit of what is required for me. It is not surprising that it is a perennial winner of Hotel of the year awards in the budget and general categories. There is something special about doing business in a hotel environment that is happy and friendly. You get the business done and come home to a holiday atmosphere. Meanwhile the hotel has:
Free wireless
Could pick up wireless anywhere in the hotel
many places around the hotel where you can have meetings
Centrally located
everything you need
clean rooms, good showers, comfortable beds
helpful staff

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank Businesspacificman
CoconutPalmsResort, Manager at Coconut Palms Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2016

Dear Valued guest

We are sorry for the delayed response to your review. We are very thankful for all feedback both positive and constructive. The time you have taken to share this is appreciated.

We have had new management in place since March 2015, we have spent the last 15 months lifting many aspects and features of the hotel, this included menus, training, reservations and check in processes.

If there is any aspect of your review which has not been rectified and you would like to discuss it in further detail, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at elliot@coconutpalms.vu.

If you are planning another trip, check out our website for the best rates online.

Reviewed 8 December 2010

I had the most amazing 5 days staying at coconut palms hotel in vanuatu, it really made my travelling experience complete. I had a very warm welcome on arrival, the staff of cocount palms are outstanding, they truly did their upmost to make us feel welcome, their knowledge and guidance of the island helped us a great deal, so we got to see the best of the island in our 5 day trip.
I shared a room with my friends so had 3 single beds to accomodate us, which were very comfortable, we had a scenic view from our window which also over looked the swimming pool,that at night was lite up giving a relaxing feel to the room. The air conditioning was of the highest standard and gave us respite from the heat of the day. Our room was cleaned everyday when it was convenient for us, and our fridge was always restocked with fresh water.
We spent alot of time at the hotel, their bar accommodated every thing we wanted, and their menu had a wide varity of choices aswel as daily specials, we felt the hotel catered excellent for us, which meant we did not need to go else where for food or drink at night.
After all my travels around Austrailia i found Coconut palms resort to be an absolute highlight of my trip, i could not fault it in anyway and would highly recommend it to anyone who was looking to travel to vanuatu. I would just like to take this opportunity to thank all the staff for making my trip extremely memorable and complete pardise.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank gemmamountford

Reviewed 7 December 2010

This was the first place we stayed in Pt Vila. The Foyer area was really nice as well as the well maintained pool/gardens. We stayed in the budget 2 bunk room with shared bathrooms. The room was basic but clean and had plenty of storage. The bathrooms probably need to be updated but there are multiple ones on each floor, just need to find the one with working hot water. We book some tours through the front desk and worked out ok. Walk to town was about 5-8 mins up a reasonable hill but no big issue (just passed the prison). There is a small deli about 1 mins walk for some food. Would stay again for the cheap price.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Reviewed 6 December 2010

We stayed at the Coconut Plams Resort for 14 days/nights. Each day was memorable thanks to the extra friendly staff who were polite and were always attentive.
If we weren't chilling by the pool, then we were off racing around the island seeing the waterfalls and many picturesque beaches which the lovely staff at reception organised for us.
Cocnut Palms is ideally located, close to the main street, the markets and to many of the surrounding beaches.
I reccommend this hotel to anyone looking for a top quality hotel at an affordable price.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank BAJ_10

Dear Valued guest

We have had new management in place since March 2015, we have spent the last 15 months lifting many aspects and features of the hotel, this included training, reservations and check in processes.

Reviewed 6 December 2010

Bring on the Tuluk! The people are so friendly, the food was gastronomically indulgent... wish I was back there right now!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loco4u

Reviewed 5 December 2010

I Stayed at the Coconut Palms Resort for 5 nights with a friend, it was ok at the begining with a nice pool area and when we first seen our room it was made up nice. Then the hotel staff that we met at first got a bit too friendly, constantly touching (one even slapped me on my ****) and never leaving us alone.
When our rooms were cleaned they were always forgetting things, we had to ask for simple thing like bath mats and toilet paper and the were never cleaned very well.
The day before we were leaving my friend noticed that her bag was tampered with, then found that she had $50 stolen out of her wallet that was in the bottom of her suit case. When I got home I found out that I had my Nike + iPod fitness sensor stolen out of my sneaker, under the inner sole. So it seems that the whoever took these items from my friend and I had been through all of our personal items, so we are not happy about this at all.
DO NOT STAY AT THE COCONUT PALMS RESORT, PORT VILA!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank YaYa_Peto

Reviewed 10 November 2010

This hotel was allocated to me as part of a package from Brisbane, and transfers were included to and from the hotel. I had a 'superior orchid room' on the top floor with balcony and en suite bathroom but they had lots of different categories available depending on availability and budget. As breakfast was also included every day I tried different items on the menu, all of which were very generous and served by smiling waiters. The staff are very friendly and helpful and will book excursions for you if you need them to. There was cable TV in my room which was fine, plus hot water, tea and coffee making facilities, a fridge and even a microwave. I didn't take my laptop with me but they have two computers in the lounge area that you can use if you need to (there is a charge for this, though the wireless internet with own laptop is free - both are quite slow, but then you are on a South Pacific island in the middle of nowhere!).

The room was comfortable and clean but the walls were quite thin and the hotel was full of American Peace Corps volunteers who were getting ready to go to their projects so their baggage was EVERYWHERE AND they were socialising till all hours of the night and banging doors shut at 3am every morning without thinking of the people trying to sleep... Apart from that it was a comfortable stay with a nice garden and pool with peaceful music coming from speakers positioned amongst the shrubbery, and the location meant that you could walk to town very easily and quickly for shopping and nightlife. The bar in the hotel didn't have a lot of atmosphere but with everyone staying there being very friendly and upbeat that more than made up for this hotel's shortcomings. Would stay there again due to convenient location, price and friendliness. It isn't a luxury resort though, just ideal for a week or two's break in the very lovely Vanuatu.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo