From the moment you are welcomed by Belinda and Andrew and shown to your little cottage you know you are in a very special place. Our cottage was beautiful, furnished with comfortable furniture, good for reading and had a lovely outdoor area. Sitting outside or lying in the hammock looking out on beautiful tropical vegetation, listening to the sounds of the birds singing and the geckos "clicking" (they keep the mozzies away) was just so relaxing. The gardens are stunning and along with the cottages and other visitor areas contain lots of island sculptures and art and craft work. There is even a great vege garden which provides veges and salad greens to the chef. You could easily self cater in the cottage but the chef provides fabulous meals (delicious seafood and the best organic beef we have tasted) so it's well worth dining at the restaurant during your stay.
There is a most spectacular traditional nakamal (meeting place) with soaring timber ceiling and thatched roof. This is where is all happens. There are comfy sofas and armchairs for relaxing and a great assortment of boardgames and chess (we got into backgammon which we hadn't played for years). You could dine there, organise tours etc with the very helpful staff, or just have a few cocktails at happy hour. There was also another stunning little dining area right by the water which was our favourite because you were literally inches away from crystal clear water.
The resort has its own sheltered beach and you can snorkel straight out from the jetty and see a great variety of tropical fish. You can also take a 20 min walk and find yourself at Honeymoon Beach owned by the local village and the snorkelling there was amazing too.
Our experience at Paradise Cove was memorable for its absolute beauty, the friendliness and helpfulness of its staff and the snorkelling right at our doorstep. We'd highly recommend it to anyone visiting Vanuatu. Thank you Belinda, Andrew and staff.
Barry and Claire
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This private and intimate small resort is located 15 minutes from downtown Port Vila. It offers 10 self contained One and Two Bedroom villas in a well established tropical garden by the ocean. The beautiful reef offers great snorkeling and diving opportunities with an easy access from the private beach and jetty. Under an iconic traditional roof celebrating the Melanesian architecture, the restaurant serves the best fresh local ingredients prepared with a Mediterranean touch. With a relaxed atmosphere Paradise Cove Resort provides a genuine tropical island holiday. Please note that the access by boat to our private jetty is strictly limited. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Paradise Cove Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Cove Hotel Port Vila
- Paradise Cove Port Vila
- Paradise Cove Resort Vanuatu/Port Vila